IT'S NOW A NON-CONTACT SPORT

Rock

IT'S NOW A NON-CONTACT SPORT

http://www.nypost.com/sports/28845.htm

By LARRY BROOKS

September 19, 2004 --

AND so it isn't enough for Gary Bettman and the Board of Governors to merely stop the games from being played until they get what they want. No; the commissioner and owners of the No Hockey League are intent on altogether wiping the sport off the face of the earth until the players capitulate to their demands. They've not only declared war on the union, but they've declared war on themselves and their game; that's what this self-destructive and self-loathing cartel of the powerful has done.

Slap Shots has learned that the league has instituted a policy under which its teams are expressly prohibited from communicating with or publicizing any player within their organizations

This cracks me up. If the players want to be charitable, no one's stopping them. Call a few writers, they'll print whatever it is they want to support. Why does their nhl team even have to be involved?

We know, because the owners are evil. Brooks, you continue to sicken me.

what, are they going to cancel Christmas next? :blink:

"As we reported during the summer, Tikkanen will play this season in South Korea.

And is there any wonder there's confusion over the status of nuclear weapon development in that country? "

Not only is brooks an ass, but he's a stupid ass and should take some geography and history classes as well - or just read a newspaper. South Korea? I knew there were some issues with nuclear weapons development in the communist, isolationist North Korea, but news of an issue in democratic U.S. ally South Korea is new to me.

Thanks pk - i'll admit when I'm wrong - funny how this never touched the radar screens here in the u.s. (at least nothing i've seen and I read the paper and check cnn on-line virtually every day) - after seeing your post pk, i went over to the BBC web site and found the story - but even there it's downplayed.

So I apologize for the geography/history remark, maybe for the stupid ass remark, but stand full force behind, and will never apologize for calling brooks an ass.