Ranking #5 Overall

Derek21

Which player deserves to be fifth overall?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which player deserves to be fifth overall?

• A.Ilya Kovalchuk
    • B.Nicklas Lidstrom
    • C.Markus Naslund
    • D.Scott Niedermayer
    • E.Martin St. Louis
    • F.Joe Thornton

it was close between Naslund & Neidermyer, but had to go with Neider

markus naslund.

i'll be suprised if thornton gets even one vote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

weren't you flipping out a few weeks ago that i didn't consider thornton a top 5 player, and now, you are not even voting for him??

edit: lol that was cuz i said he was not top 10 :P we'll see if he makes it

Edited by squishyx

markus naslund.

i'll be suprised if thornton gets even one vote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

weren't you flipping out a few weeks ago that i didn't consider thornton a top 5 player, and now, you are not even voting for him??

edit: lol that was cuz i said he was not top 10 :P we'll see if he makes it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

to me he is no.4. but floppa and iggy got in front of nazzy somehow. and i'm not gonna vote for thornotn if nazzy is open. nazzy is no.2

yep no votes for jumbo joe. no suprise there.

despite joe's performance at the world cup which was better than every other player he still gets no votes.

i voted for nazzy cause he is a better player because of consistency year to year, but the fact is thornton is better than every other player on that list other than nazzy. but i guess its all each ur own vote.

also. to me. thornton can be a better player than nazzy and by next year he will be better. thornton's potential is so much greater than nazzy's

Edited by bruins4777

i never said thornton was the best player during the world cup  :P  no love for joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes no love for joe....its sad. outside of the one playoff performance against the devils where he was only so so, and by his standards poor, he has always been a force against the devils. sad. his 25 points in 23 games against the devils throughout his career is evidence of that.

thornton was a better player at the world cup than all those players, how can u discount that?

now if u said he wasn't the best i might understand, but i won't agree. however the fact that thornton was better than all those guys at the world cup is really common sense

despite joe's performance at the world cup which was better than every other player he still gets no votes.

i voted for nazzy cause he is a better player because of consistency year to year, but the fact is thornton is better than every other player on that list other than nazzy. but i guess its all each ur own vote.

also. to me. thornton can be a better player than nazzy and by next year he will be better. thornton's potential is so much greater than nazzy's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bruins... you don't vote for him because, as you say, there are players that are better in the poll... yet you complain that noone voted for him :doh1: . explain your reasoning please!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bruins... you don't vote for him because, as you say, there are players that are better in the poll... yet you complain that noone voted for him :doh1: . explain your reasoning please!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i complain that people voted for kovalchuk, st.louis, etc. other than nazzy over thornton. if ur gonna not vote for nazzy pick kovalchuk.

and as for squishy? u could make the argument that sakic was better and maybe lemieux, but other than that thornton managed a point per game on a grinding line, was a dominant back and forechecker. he was did for the canadians what primeau did for the flyers, except he got little press for it because of guys like lemieux and sakic.

what press? did espn even cover the highlights? i watched i think every game on TV and all the ones broadcasted via internet. i saw thornton play, and averging a point per game over a span of 7 games is not that impressive. didnt modin (or am i thinking of someone else) have like 2 3-goal games or something? impressive yes, but it means he scored 1 goal in the other 3 or 4 games. stats in a small tourny can be very misleading.