Huselius injures knee; Hitch at Princeton

SueNJ97

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=102068&hubName=nhl

Huselius suffers knee injury in Sweden

TSN.ca Staff

10/18/2004

Florida Panthers forward Kristian Huselius has suffered a knee injury while playing overseas.

According to the Palm Beach Post, Huselius will be sidelined four to six weeks with strained knee ligaments suffered in a collision with Christian Berglund, his teammate on the Panthers.

Huselius is currently playing for Linkoping of the Swedish Elite League during the NHL lockout. He currently leads the league with 14 points in nine games.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=102071&hubName=nhl

Back to School: Hitchcock joins Princeton

Canadian Press

10/18/2004

PRINCETON, N.J. (CP) - Philadelphia Flyers head coach Ken Hitchcock is joining the coaching staff of Princeton's men's hockey team during the NHL lockout.

Hitchcock will volunteer his time as an assistant to Princeton head coach Guy Gadwosky over the next few weeks, the university said Monday in a release.

The Tigers play their season-opener Oct. 29 against St. Cloud State.

The Flyers went 45-20-13-4 under Hitchcock last season before losing in the conference final in the playoffs. He won a Stanley Cup as head coach of the Dallas Stars in 1999.

Hitchcock, from Edmonton, was an assistant coach for the Canadian team which won the World Cup of Hockey in September and was also an assistant with the Olympic team that won gold in 2002.

``This will be a tremendous opportunity for the student-athletes and coaching staff,'' Gadwosky said in a statement.

``Coach Hitchcock is widely regarded as one of the top hockey coaches in the world and this will be an invaluable experience for all of us.''

:doh1:  Berglund... wouldn't ya just know it?  He's just sloppy as all hell -- sorry JaSon I know you're a fan but he drives me batty -- liked his glimmers of heart but sheesh!!

giggle.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking the same thing, PK. Typhoid Mary...IR list Berglund??? :evil:

hrm. berglund is playing for farjestad and huselius for lindkoping.

The "collision" looked intentional to me when I saw it (berglund have quite the reputation for these types of things in Sweden)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was never a big fan of him; but he always did have that nastiness/dirtieness to him... which can be a real asset to a team... but also drag the respect your team gets...

Ugh, stupid berglund. Husselies seemed to FINALLY be getting his confidence back. Stupid stupid.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huselius have a nack for totaly dominating the larger ice international play provides. I honestly don't think he'll ever fit in in the NHL. BTW, before he got injured it was a lot of talk about him maybe having a chance to break Loob's point record in Elitserien.