The guy I think can win in 2008

David Puddy

Evan Bayh (D-IN). I'm going against my instinct choosing a legislator here (at least he was a governor), but this is the guy I think has the best chance taking back some of those red states. Why? He's a midwesterner, has a history of supporting agriculture, sits on both the Armed Services and Intelligence committees, and is the main legislator pushing through fatherhood legislation. He'd be a much better candidate than Kerry or Edwards.

Evan Bayh (D-IN). I'm going against my instinct choosing a legislator here (at least he was a governor), but this is the guy I think has the best chance taking back some of those red states. Why? He's a midwesterner, has a history of supporting agriculture, sits on both the Armed Services and Intelligence committees, and is the main legislator pushing through fatherhood legislation. He'd be a much better candidate than Kerry or Edwards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know much about him, but I'll have to do some reading on the Internet. Let's face it, just about ANYONE would be better than HILLARY at this point. :puke: I heard some Dem celebrities and politicians on TV saying that they need to get MORE progressive and even MORE to the left, to win over voters. Are they on crack?? :noclue: They believe that playing the middle backfired. I hate to tell them this, but if they really think this, they deserve to lose in 2008! Assclowns! :P There's NO way in hell they will win ANY red states if they trot out some ultra liberal candidate that alienates those independents or moderates in the South.

Edited by MaddDog

There's NO way in hell they will win ANY red states if they trot out some ultra liberal candidate that alienates those independents or moderates in the South.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They did this year, and came within 150,000 votes of winning the White House.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was closer in 2000 in Ohio, no?

I'm going to betray the sisterhood and say Hillary Clinton should not run for President. John Kerry couldn't turn red to blue, a female senator from NY certainly isn't going to aid the cause.

I think Edwards could run in 2008, but he doesn't have enough experience and that was brought up when he ran for VP with Kerry this year. He's a one-term senator and his history as a trial lawyer turns off some people.

Richardson could be it, and perhaps Salazar and/or Obama a few terms later.

A think a Dem ticket of Gephardt-Liberman would've won in 2004, but Kerry somehow walked away from the Primary as a winner. 2008 be different, or will Hillary's possible toss into the Presidential ring cause a fracture in the DNC?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.