Rock

Feb. 23, 2005. 01:00 AM

Coach banned for bounty offer

Promised cash for hurting UHLer

`Kinda common ... to get guys fired up'

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...tacodalogin=yes

DONOVAN VINCENT

SPORTS REPORTER

When the United Hockey League's Motor City Mechanics got ready to hit the ice against the Flint Generals earlier this month, they were given a pep talk that crossed the line.

In the visitors' dressing room in Flint moments before the game, Mechanics assistant coach and former NHL player John Blum got the ball rolling. According to league officials he offered $100 (all U.S. figures) for a hard bodycheck on Kevin Kerr, a forward with the Generals.

Mechanics head coach Steve Shannon, 54, a former Detroit police officer, went a step further, offering $200 to anyone who could take Kerr out of the game

What the hell is going on here?

I only post here with this thread for fear of starting ANOTHER one that will end up getting canceled or moved.

This thread is one of two that mentions the coach being suspended - and both remain on th board.

Yet I ask a question about a DEVILS sweater...and its removed.

Huh?

What the hell is going on here?

I only post here with this thread for fear of starting ANOTHER one that will end up getting canceled or moved.

This thread is one of two that mentions the coach being suspended - and both remain on th board.

Yet I ask a question about a DEVILS sweater...and its removed.

Huh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your thread was not removed, it was moved to another forum. Your thread about asking for a Devils sweater did not belong in this forum, please read the forum descriptions before posting.

If you have any further questions about the forums, feel free to PM any of the admins.

Because it's two different articles? The exact same article can't start two different threads. Frequently multiple articles on the same subject get posted, each one usually gets its own thread (except in extreme cases like last weekend with the lockout stuff where things have to be contained in one thread to avoid spamming the board with ten different multi-post threads).

That's funny, Kevin Kerr used to play for my home town ECHL team, the Birmingham Bulls! He was a pretty good player for the ECHL back then - even though he was kind of a weirdo. In fact, he has a link to the Devils. The Bulls were the Devils' ECHL farm team back from '93-'94 to about '97 or so. IIRC Kerr even got called up to the Devils once, but never played. (may have been a pre-season game?) :noclue:

Anyway, interesting stuff. :D