Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested in Rolen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

depending on what happens with beltre i might have an interest in rolen. What are you looking for?

Anyone interested in Rolen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

depending on what happens with beltre i might have an interest in rolen. What are you looking for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2B or SP would be nice (especially 2B right now), but I know the demand for those positions can be high, so lemme know who you're willing to part with and we can talk. (you can send me a PM or whatever, doesn't matter to me.)

Well Has I guess I made a weekend push to keep it acceptable and keep my run at the top alive!!!

Still how do you win 7 games and NOT win that category!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh it happens, Izzy blowing the save on Sunday which would have given me a win with Marquis did chap my hyde a little but overall I did better than I thought in pitching (4-0-1), it was really the offense that let me down (again) with a 1-4 week, and it's not like I lost those categories by a lot either, I BARELY lost a couple. Oh well.

Well Has I guess I made a weekend push to keep it acceptable and keep my run at the top alive!!!

Still how do you win 7 games and NOT win that category!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh it happens, Izzy blowing the save on Sunday which would have given me a win with Marquis did chap my hyde a little but overall I did better than I thought in pitching (4-0-1), it was really the offense that let me down (again) with a 1-4 week, and it's not like I lost those categories by a lot either, I BARELY lost a couple. Oh well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thankfully ( for me) close only vounts in horshoes and handgranades!!!

EDIT: Nevermind I'm getting a little tired of making moves for the time being. If I can't get it right after 40+ moves I'm probably never gonna get it right. Though to be honest I've probably had about as many big-name dissapointments (not injuries per se just dissapointments) as anyone.

Actually, I really should trade a SP and Lugo at some point, being I'll need to clear a spot when Bedard comes back and Lugo's steals aren't doing me much good in part-time duty now that Ensberg's figured in very prominently in recent weeks and Sweeney's almost off the DL (again).

So if anyone's got any deals I'll listen, I do need a little more speed and/or power IN the lineup. I suppose I could also use another SP that I can trust, being I only trust only two or maybe three of my starters at the moment.

Edited by Hasan4978

If anyone is interested in taking a risk on the unit, im more than willing to listen to offers, id like a quality pitcher in return or a solid position player if possible, or maybe a larger deal could be worked out. No one on my team is untouchable at this point, if i can make my team overall better. Paul Byrd pitches a shut out, sabathis gives up 1 run, and the unit killed me. something is wrong.

I might actually be inclined to try, but my starters are probably either too good or not good enough to trade you one-one.

Byrd was a good pickup btw. I had him on and off like four different times :lol: His numbers were always not quite good enough to keep but I liked him enough from a few years back (when he had a good year with KC) to keep trying him. Unfortunately he didn't really break out till after the last time I dumped him oh well :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Effing Met bullpen :argh: Zambrano pitches a beauty for eight innings apparently giving me my first win on the week in the fantasy league, Mets tack on a couple of insurance runs in the ninth, a 5-1 lead...should be safe right? NOOOOOO :P And Floyd going all out for the catch at 5-3 didn't help either, should have short hopped it at 5-4.

Hm, after winning two out of the first ten weeks, now my team's won five in a row. Nice.

Looks like there's clearly have and have-not groups shaping up, I'm pretty much the only one that's treading water right now overall. I like my chances if my pitching continues to hold up, but who knows :P

Yeah red, don't ever do trades before you go on vacation and have a chance to reset your roster :lol:

How is it Bedard couldn't pitch for two months? He had seven shutout innings his last start before going on the DL, now six shutout innings in his first outing off it :blink: Too bad Ryan blew the win :P

• 2 weeks later...

halfshark, I have a closer trade for you if you're interested. Thought for sure I'd be able to scoop up another closer after the deadline but not only was I not able to get one but I LOST one with the Tigers dealing Farnsworth to the Braves :P

I'm pretty much out of it now anyway, I'm just playing spoiler now and biding my time till the fantasy football and hockey seasons start, but yeesh how exactly does my fantasy baseball team lose TWICE to a team that has been dead all year? :argh:

• 3 weeks later...

Before this thread pretty much dissapears, any final thoughts? I know the playoffs are coming up and congrats to red, halfshark, 731, Derek and Clown for making it :P Probably Petey will make it too, coming back from the dead at that. My team's still in it, but they're like the Mets, every time I get a few wins and think I'm going on a run then I crap out, and every time I look out of the race, I get a few wins and get back in it :lol: Last week killed me - or should have anyway - 5-5 going into the last day only to lose 8-1, oh well :rolleyes:

In any case, as annoying as my team's been it's still been fun heh.