Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

I NEED A CLOSER!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could send you one but not for a first baseman, I have enough of those as it is! :P

Izzy is an untouchable but I do have Urbina, Percival will be off the DL soon enough, and Shields has been acting as a closer for a little while (and at least a week longer) with K-Rod out. Let me know.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEED A CLOSER!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd settle for my team playing as well as I think it should be (and not running into hot teams almost every week) :P Here's the kind of season it's been for me, the Yankees are ROUTING Detroit 11-0 and Jeter's 0-4 with NOTHING in the other categories :doh1:

As to your closer thing, I'm not inclined to trade one right now, Lyon's hurt (though only for a few more days) and it looks like Dempster's going to win the closer job by default in Chicago so I 'only' have three for the moment and would rather keep them since I've actually lost the save category like the last three weeks - one week when I only had two closers, another week when the other team had four. Unless of course you make me an offer I can't refuse :lol:

Just realized 731's team ALREADY has 6 HR's to my none...and the beat goes on :rolleyes:

Edited by Hasan4978

I'd like some pitching, but whatever you have to offer, I'll take a look at red. I just don't need any 1Bs! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry RD for some reason i thought Overbay was an OF, I had him at Util, but thought he was playing OF.

Mybad

That would be Derek, whose DL list is pretty big itself with also Bonds, Hampton and Vidro all on the DL (and Benitez too though he replaced him with Walker).

I've had a couple of injuries but can't blame my bad start on them, my team's just playing like pansies :P

Yeesh, that's rather odd. Usually it's the other way around with players going against doctors' advice to NOT play. Especially with Dotel being a free agent after this year, now he's not gonna get a fraction of what he could have got by just resting the arm.

Damn, I'm glad I picked up Street before Dotel got hurt, though with the A's suckitude it took him till last night to finally get his first save :P

Edited by Hasan4978

I wanted to draft Halladay in the second round but thought I could wait and every round after I thought I could get him in the next round. Easily the steal of the draft.

Halladay must be the best pitcher in baseball right now. 10-3 record with 5 CG. Just got another CG win tonight against St Louis. He has been amazing this year.

I wish you'd have picked him too, cause I'm pretty much doomed this week pitchingwise with Halladay and Dontrelle making two starts each against me :P Not that that's anything new for me since I've only won two out of ten weeks, which is pretty pathetic.

Looking back at the draft thread, Halladay went in the fifth round and he had a very off year last year. I was surprised you picked like three outfielders in the first four rounds though.

Sometimes the best-laid plans go to waste in any event. My first-round pick Manny is hitting .250, my second round pick has been probably the biggest bust in the league (Schmidt), my third round pick has been almost as big a disaster (Foulke), supposed safe picks all of them. Texiera's been my only consistent player among my top six picks and even he was hitting .210 in late April.

Edited by Hasan4978

its funny how things work, Jeter was hot the first 2 weeks then went so cold I benched him for Barnes, then traded him, then Barnes gets hurt...

And Perez from Pitt was so bad I traded him for virtually nothing, litterally 1 day after the trade is complete he miraculousy comes back to form!!!!

As for my success, Burrell, Stewart and my ever changing short stops have kept my offense going.

Yeah Perez seems to be getting back to what he was last year post-injury (which I was hoping would happen for Schmidt but it hasn't). Plus I think I heard he didn't pitch winter ball for the first time this year, which might have contributed to his disasterous start.

I figured Jeter would flatten out, that he wasn't gonna hit .340 or whatever he was when I traded for him, I just want him to hit around .300, have 100+ runs and contribute some in the other three categories, which he's done for his career. Guardado's actually been awesome for you, to think I was worried that I passed up Hoffman and Cordero and got 'stuck' with Eddie a round later :lol: I'd still do that trade, given the state of my middle infield at the time and plus I have three closers anyway, but none of them ever seem to get opportunities anymore, not to mention Lyon's injury continues to get more serious as the days go by :P

BTW, I'm actually surprised your last deal went through, Chipper was already hurt when the trade was made, it wasn't a deal where Chipper got hurt while the trade was being processed. I even voted against it - if only because it was a team that was dead all year that wound up doing the trade with you - and I never vote against any deal. But I guess after all the fuss that got raised over legit deals, nobody wants to veto anything.

Edited by Hasan4978

Yeah Perez seems to be getting back to what he was last year post-injury (which I was hoping would happen for Schmidt but it hasn't).  Plus I think I heard he didn't pitch winter ball for the first time this year, which might have contributed to his disasterous start.

I figured Jeter would flatten out, that he wasn't gonna hit .340 or whatever he was when I traded for him, I just want him to hit around .300, have 100+ runs and contribute some in the other three categories, which he's done for his career.  Guardado's actually been awesome for you, to think I was worried that I passed up Hoffman and Cordero and got 'stuck' with Eddie a round later :lol:  I'd still do that trade, given the state of my middle infield at the time and plus I have three closers anyway, but none of them ever seem to get opportunities anymore, not to mention Lyon's injury continues to get more serious as the days go by :P

BTW, I'm actually surprised your last deal went through, Chipper was already hurt when the trade was made, it wasn't a deal where Chipper got hurt while the trade was being processed.  I even voted against it - if only because it was a team that was dead all year that wound up doing the trade with you - and I never vote against any deal.  But I guess after all the fuss that got raised over legit deals, nobody wants to veto anything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In all honesty i was shocked myself!!! But its not like Barnes injury, 3 to 4 months, Chipper was 3 ot 4 weeks soi guess that why it went through.