New York Teams Key for Most Leagues

Rock

But that does rather surprise me. In a way.

I mean, take the QMJHL. Halifax and Cape Breton are major rivals. All games against each other are sell-outs. But if Halifax is out, most everyone cheers on Cape Breton. When Cape Breton are out, most everyone cheers on Halifax.

But the rivalry between the Rangers and Devils is so strong that there is no way that any Rangers fan would hope for the Devils to win and no way a Devils fan would hope for the Rangers to win.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. I should hope the Rangers become competitve again because league revenues would go up? Not bloody fvcking happening. I wouldn't root for the Rangers to do anything remotely positve for themselves and their fans if my mother owned the team and my brother-in-law was the starting goaltender.

Exactly. I should hope the Rangers become competitve again because league revenues would go up? Not bloody fvcking happening. I wouldn't root for the Rangers to do anything remotely positve for themselves and their fans if my mother owned the team and my brother-in-law was the starting goaltender.

Hehe, I like this guy :evil:

It's all about LOCATION Liz. And with that, I am finished with this topic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How is it about location? I mentioned early see Giants, Jets, Metrostars and just found out the first metro area soccer team the Cosmos. What exactly is their location. You want to go to a game, where's Mapquest gonna send you? It is obviously not about location, because north NJ is the NY metro area (hence the other teams having no qualms about using the NY). It is all about the NAME.

And I guess that's all I have to say too, Derek. ;):)

Edited by LizDevil30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Listen, I'm not sayin' I want the Rangers to become a powerhouse again. Far from it.

However, if the NHL gains surer financial footing because they experience some success, then so be it.

Guess I'm looking at it from a league-first perspective -- 'cause frankly I'm rather concerned about how well the NHL will bounce back from this lockout in the short-run and the long-run.

The Meadowlands and Long Island are not New York City.

Don, defense wins championships if you score goals. Fans want excitement not the trap for 24/7.

As for football in the Meadowlands they are called the NY Giants and NJ Jets not the NJ anything.

It is location location and it's about name.

If it happens that the Rangers improve and the Devils can't beat the Rangers so be it, they can't beat them. Don't blame the Rangers for winnning. But I think the Devils can beat the Rangers and have beaten the Rangers so why worry about that. You don't have to cheer for them of even like them. When the Devils play the Ranger the arena is a sellout not with Devils fans but with Ranger fans that can't get seats in the garden. So the Rangers are the big draw. They always have been the big team for NYC and the big draw. They get the most press by design the promote themselves.