Captain

lgmamazin

No way, I think Madden should get it. No doubt, Elias is a gifted winger who comes to play almost every night, but who embodies the Devils' lunch pail ethic and team first attitude better than John Madden?

Besides, Elias smiles too much to lead this team. Need a fairly serious man for the job... he definitely gets an A though

Why not Brylin for captain? :boogie: He is the only remaining skater (non-goaltender) from the 3 Stanley Cups. He is always overlooked and under appreciated. He did score the first and last goals against the Pens. Nice "book ends". He is steady, reliable and under the radar. If no C for him, at least make Sarge an alternate.

Of course Marty is always going to be the unofficial captain since goalkeepers can't be captains....I think.

Edited by hattrick

I don't see the big deal in the rush to name a captain anyway... geesh!!

most important thing here... leadership is not determined by a letter on your jersey... it's more a symbolic thing and a face of the team kinda thing, and in that way it kinda makes sense to NOT have a captain... I like the faceless idea for this team

(but all that aside it better be Madden if someone gets it!!)