GAME THREAD: Devils @ NYR 7pm

Weekes Head

1- in OT back in October.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I knew that...I was being facetious hence the wink...this was the 5th meeting...we won the 1st and lost the next 3....now our record this season is 2-3...after 3 losses in a row it seemed like an eternity since we beat them...well it did to me ;)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek, you sound like sour grapes. So the rags have lost what 3? Big deal. They were holding the Devils to less shots for the majority of the game, they wound up just barely outshooting them. The rags were playing the tight defensive game that has brought them success thus far, only difference here was the Devils resurrected their defensive game.  This is the rivalry the fans haven't had in years. I like it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at all Liz. As stated earlier, the Rangers got what they deserved in that third. It is a big deal when this team loses three straight because they've missed the playoffs 7 straight years. When they always fade in December and January, you have a right to be ticked off.

I don't want to see it happen again Liz because I feel this Rangers team is better than that. What bothered me about last night was how they lost. Plus the Mogilny fluke goal was like a punch to the stomach. I recall a poster in a recent Devil thread who had that exact comment after a similar Devil loss. That's kind of how I felt walking out. It was like the old Rangers. Not showing up to play the third and not matching the Devils' intensity. All the silly penalties cost them. Maybe not on the scoreboard. But they wore down. That's unacceptable.

It's much easier to take a loss when your team matches the other team's work ethic and just gets beat. Like in the Vancouver loss last Tuesday. The past two games, they haven't played well enough to win, which is disturbing.

And their schedule is brutal over the next month. Got to get out of this funk soon or the whole season could fall apart.

This time, the problems aren't team goaltending or defense or PK. It's offensive futility and the power play. Better get it fixed soon.

NJay:

Sure they were consistent, but they were consistently terrible. I have no problems with them calling penalties, but when they miss real ones and call a bunch of fakes, then it gets to me.

I was sitting in Section 102, Row C. Amazing seats, it was in the end where the Devs attacked twice. Only problem is couldn't see players in the corner that was directly in front of me, but that's only a very minor problem.

Well NJay, I understand where you're coming from. There was a hooking call on Prucha at the end of a period which was not even close to hooking. But this is what we're dealing with unfortunately.

Great seats. How did you manage that? We sat up in 410, third row. Excellent view and good atmosphere.