Danton denied prison transfer

hattrick

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2006/...1512502-ap.html

EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. (AP) - Former St. Louis Blues player Mike Danton won't be transferred to a prison in his native Canada as he'd hoped.

Danton, a native of Brampton, Ont., is imprisoned in New Jersey serving the 7 1/4-year federal sentence for a failed plot to kill his agent. He's argued in East St. Louis federal court that he's been treated unfairly because he hasn't been transferred to Canada.

But federal prosecutors countered that, when Danton pleaded guilty in 2004, he waived his right to challenge his sentence and was never guaranteed a transfer to a Canadian prison.

Documents filed in federal court last week show that the Justice Department's international prisoner-transfer unit has decided against moving Danton, citing the seriousness of his crime.

Danton's lawyer says he'll appeal.

You know i actually feel bad for Danton. Like nobody will ever know the psychologocal hell he has went through. Just last night i heard that the CBC's A PAssionate Eye will be following up on him and Frost. I cannot wait to see that. I want to do a paper on that whole situation in my psychology class.

I wanna go hang out at the prison..which one is it :)

es probably in freakin morristown where my friends work... but i think id know cause 2 of the 4 are big hockey fans...

maybe hes in ocean county..

id give other guesses.. but i dont know where any other NJ jails are :)

I wanna go hang out at the prison..which one is it :)

es probably in freakin morristown where my friends work... but i think id know cause 2 of the 4 are big hockey fans...

maybe hes in ocean county..

id give other guesses.. but i dont know where any other NJ jails are :)

He is being held at the federal prison in Ft. Dix.