corporate executives.

Excerpted from the subscription-only news service of the "SportsBusiness

Journal", http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sundstrom i doubt you could get all 3 san jose players in that deal. Gomez and Tivo are about a wash with Marleau and Stuart. Berglund and a 2nd wont get us Selanne.

Id kike to have Marleau and Stuart just fine. Take out Berglund, the 2nd and Selanne, and add in Bicek or Gionta.

I imagine that that would be Nolan to the Rangers.

I mean, the 4 million cash would help the Sharks keep everyone else around, so I wouldn't blame them. It would be a better deal for them than getting prospects back because they don't need/want prospects, they want to keep their core around.

Why the Rangers would do this, I really don't know.. assuming they are even going to do it.

Selanne to the Rangers?

Yeesh, were that proposal legit, Sather would deserve to be ousted from the league.

May be Nolan, not Selanne, there was something in Brooks' column today (yes, I know, it's Brooks, take it with a grain of salt) talking about Ranger interest in Nolan.

And it makes more sense, if Nolan is the problam in the room that has been reported, with that contract, he's the one they'd want to dump. Selanne they can trade to someone else who is just looking for a rental.

There's a team opiton on Selanne for next year and the $$ isn't that bad (around $5M). He still has plenty of talent. He's not great on the boards, but he doesn't run from contact either. He's effective on the powerplay as well and if he's gonna upgrade the bicek/gionta/berglund part of our team without costing us a ton, I'm all for it.

I believe it is a player option, not a team option.

If all it would take to land Nolan was Williams then we could easlity offer ..Rup or Bicek or Gionta. Or all 3.

I can't see Nolan being had for Williams..now Gagne mayb but not Williams.

Now of the rets of the sharks availabe I wouldn't mind Ricci or Thorton for the right price. Either one adds grit.

Stuart, while overrated as every Sharks prospect is, should be a solid first pairing defenseman, and 3 years younger. The deal makes no sense from a Sharks perspective, which is why I have no idea why the rumor is being discussed at all.

I agree 100%, I cannot understand why San Jose would ever do this. Seriously, Stuart's upside is Pronger, no doubt about it. The best explanation I've heard is that San Jose is really angry that Stuart held out, and blame him in part for their wasted year. So just like Lou has moved players that held out, San Jose could be trying to punish him.

I've argued that this deal doesn't make sense for San Jose, but the rumor persists, and supposedly Tverdovsky is the guy they want.