I Don't Want This to End...

Devilsdude530

It can't end like this. Not without a fight. For me, it's probably the last game where, I don't know, I'll be regularly watching because of college.

Frankly, I don't know how much I'll be on this board in the near future. I'm going to a college where I'm pretty sure they don't have FSN (and don't get me started on VERSUS) and chances are, I won't see more than, let's see 8 games against the Rangers, 8 vs. the Islanders where chances are one of the broadcasts'll be on MSG, a couple overflow games, maybe an NBC game, 5-10 trips to The Rock, and god forbid they do have VERSUS, I won't see 30 games this year unless I make the drive home 3 times a week.

What sucks a great deal is that, I know this isn't our year. I absolutely know it. We're not the best team in the playoffs, or the Conference. After seeing the Canucks perform Thursday, and what the Rags put up tonight, we might be the worst of the 8 teams in Round 2.

Yet, I know that every year can be our year. That's what Lou and this team have given me. A chance that, every single June, I could be laughing at my friends and family who are Rags and Crysles and Failure fans that we got that big shiny thing. And I've seen some very special things this year. I've seen Patty turn into a captain who sticks up for his team and frankly, has become one of the best European players when it comes to taking the body. I've seen Parise develop eons past what anyone thought he would after some of the hockey he played the first half of year 1. I've seen Zajac have a much better first year than Parise had. I've seen two young defensemen in Oduya and Greene come out of no where and become back-liners that will be ready to assume a Top 4 role when Raffy's gone. Don't even get me started on Matvichuk.

I've seen Marty FINALLY, FINALLY, FINA-FREAKIN-LY dispell the chicken or the egg theory that has plagued him and Devils fans for a decade. The world knows now. If they didn't then, they do now. He is the greatest. The greatest I've ever seen (Granted, 12 years isn't much, but still) and the greatest any of us might ever see.

I've seen Jamie Langenbrunner do nothing, NOTHING, but score big goals at the big time in the game.

Sarge, oh Sarge, has done nothing but do what he's told. And just when we start to think he's slipping, get a big goal for us. Julien got one of Sarge's best years out of him.

I can say that finally, and again FINALLY!, Jay Pandolfo gets the Selke nomination he so richly deserves.

This has been a good year. A special one.

But it cannot end like this.

7 games is all that will at least somewhat satisfy me.

I don't know how much more I'm gonna see the next few years, so I just wanna see this team shock the hockey world. One more time, eh?

And if not, please let the Sabres fvck Ottawa in the ass in 4 or 5, please?

I apologize for this getting a little personal, thanks for reading it, and let's have at least 2 more games in that sh!thole in the Swamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DEVILS!

Where are you going to school? If you don't get FSN or Versus, then rely on this: http://myp2p.eu/NHL.htm

It saved me this year as I was at school in Maryland with no tv coverage at all. Also, you will find college will occupy a lot of your time, you will probably be on the board less, but it will still be very possible to follow the team. College life is pretty fun, so enjoy it.

o.o

Well..I live in Quebec and dude, I can only watch 4games per season(When they play the Habs On rds..)Ps:This is not a complain.) You can be a Devil fan, even if you don't watch all their games or don't come to njdevs.com

And i'm still a Devil fan.And don't worry...You'll still be a Devil fan into your heart :koolaid:

DD530 -

great post. even if you can't catch all the games, you can still keep up by checking in on the board and watching on breaks from school - i know i did that for four years. and while i didn't see the devils lose to carolina or the flyers in the 1st round, i don't think i missed very much.

Nice post DD. I agree it CANNOT end this way for the Devils. They have gone thru so much this season to just bow out of the playoffs like this. I do believe they will win today and force a Game 6 in Ottawa and we will take it from there. Hoping it will go to Game 7. :evil:

"ONE GAME AT A TIME!"