• Flyers
    • Isles
    • Pens
    • Maple Queefs

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard for me to feel that way. Last year while being spanked by the Sens in Game 1, the Ottawa fans around me were actually apologizing and saying "it's a long series.. don't worry-- the Devils will be back".

I couldn't believe it. How can I hate that team with fans like that?

As for the stRangers, 2 years ago even after we were beating the living sh*t out of them during that orgasmic like sweep, their fans were STILL spewing out belligerent smut.

I hate the Rangers. Wait, let me say that again. I HATE THE F'IN RANGERS! If I had to choose between being a fan of the Rangers or the Taliban, I'd be rooting for Akmahd to shoot the damn puck!

Lastly, I've come to the conclusion that the problem with most Ranger's fans is their family tree has no branches.

HHAHA yeah all the ottawa fans I met at the playoff games this year were awesome...really nice people who really know alot about the sport and love their team...very respectful, and they even took some ribbing in good nature at the OT game where Jamie scored....

In my old highschool in central jersey it was mostly all devil fans. it was in central jersey, old bridge, mostly devil fans i knew about 35ish, 5 rag fans, 3 flyer and 1 islander fan. The islander fan was probably one of the coolest kids, he knew his team sucked but he knew hockey so well that he was able to throw out everythign wrong with the rags and he praised the devils for their success and mentioned how he was jelous of it and how pathetic ti was that the rags only won 4 cups i almost 100 years.

In my old highschool in central jersey it was mostly all devil fans. it was in central jersey, old bridge, mostly devil fans i knew about 35ish, 5 rag fans, 3 flyer and 1 islander fan. The islander fan was probably one of the coolest kids, he knew his team sucked but he knew hockey so well that he was able to throw out everythign wrong with the rags and he praised the devils for their success and mentioned how he was jelous of it and how pathetic ti was that the rags only won 4 cups i almost 100 years.

You lived in Old Bridge? I used to live there about ten years ago. I went to Jonas Salk Middle school and was slated to go to go the high school there but ended up moving up to Northern NJ.

How old are you?

Cause the Isles were prettttty good for a long time

The rags i cant stand alittle more because theyve became our little sister who tries to tag along but cant.

Little sister? Then what the hell does that make the Devils? The ugly older sister who gets good grades but watches her younger sister get all the boyfriends? Little sister my a$$.

Little sister? Then what the hell does that make the Devils? The ugly older sister who gets good grades but watches her younger sister get all the boyfriends? Little sister my a$$.

hehe...The New York Rangers sister is totally a slut then.

Edited by RD

RAGS. :puke:

There are so many damn Ranger fans that go to my high school (and I go to HS in Central NJ where there should be more Devil fans) that it makes me hate that team the most because whenever we lose to them, I never hear the end of it. My cosuins are Rags fans too, so I hate the Rangers more than any other team. But it's great when the Devs beat them because since there aren't many (true) Devil fans, I get to make fun of every last Rag fan. :P The Flyers are in 2nd.

That is just it. People are going to have hatred based on geographical location. There was a Rangers fan on the cafe who wanted the Isles to beat the Leafs in the play-offs a few years ago. Why? Because he lived in the Toronto area all his life and hated the leafs. When I was younger and into Basketball, I was a Laker fan. My most hated team? It was a tie between the Celtics and Knicks because all my friends were Knick fans. At the time (mid-late 80's), I doubt there were too many Laker fans in LA who cared about the Knicks.

hehe...The New York Rangers sister is totally a slut then.

Yeah, so? What is wrong with sluts?

Please, the Devils could win the next 10 cups and they'll STILL be the red-headed step child. THAT is why you guys hate the Rangers like you do. For the record, I do not have a problem with that at all.

Yeah, so? What is wrong with sluts?

Please, the Devils could win the next 10 cups and they'll STILL be the red-headed step child. THAT is why you guys hate the Rangers like you do. For the record, I do not have a problem with that at all.

I don't hate the Rangers at all, actually. I just thought it was funny.

Believe it or not, I'm not one of THOSE fans. I enjoy watching Rangers games, just as I enjoy watching any hockey game. I have a lot of friends who are Rangers fans, and I don't have a problem with that either. I can appreciate a good hockey fan -- every team's fans have the idiots, and those are the ones I'd rather not deal with. You know how it is.

Still clinging to a single OT goal from 15 years ago? I forget what happened in between then and now.....ohhhhh yeah, we won 3 cups and you bought expensive players that didnt pan out every year.....

You suck. And the Rangers suck.

HHAHA yeah all the ottawa fans I met at the playoff games this year were awesome...really nice people who really know alot about the sport and love their team...very respectful, and they even took some ribbing in good nature at the OT game where Jamie scored....

I went to Ottawa for a game this season. I couldn't believe how friendly the fans were. They were extremely friendly in Toronto, but in Ottawa they did all but roll out the red carpet.

Still clinging to a single OT goal from 15 years ago? I forget what happened in between then and now.....ohhhhh yeah, we won 3 cups and you bought expensive players that didnt pan out every year.....

You suck. And the Rangers suck.

First off, it was TWO OT GOALS. It was 13 years ago, and chances are you weren't even a fan for your first cup.

You lived in Old Bridge? I used to live there about ten years ago. I went to Jonas Salk Middle school and was slated to go to go the high school there but ended up moving up to Northern NJ.

Oh wow, i went to Carl Sandburg Middle School the rival per say, dosent matter really because Sandburg and Salk but flood into the same Old Bridge High School. Guess we most of lived moderatly close.

Oh wow, i went to Carl Sandburg Middle School the rival per say, dosent matter really because Sandburg and Salk but flood into the same Old Bridge High School. Guess we most of lived moderatly close.

Hah, definitely! I went to Voorhees Elementary, I know there was a set of like five elementary schools that flooded into the two middle schools which eventually went into the big high school. I only went to Salk in 6th grade, I think it was 1996. What time were you?

BTW I lived right off of route 18, near Englishtown actually. Raceway Park was practically my backyard.

The rag$ are the little sister because the Devils have been able to go on the big ride since 95. (Big ride as in the cup.) While the rag$ anxiously run to join up, they come up to the ride with a grin and try stand up tall. The ride attendant then goes "sorry, youre too little to go on this ride. But hey, maybe next year" and as the rag$ start walking away the ride attendant goes "..doubtful." Then start the waterworks.

Hah, definitely! I went to Voorhees Elementary, I know there was a set of like five elementary schools that flooded into the two middle schools which eventually went into the big high school. I only went to Salk in 6th grade, I think it was 1996. What time were you?

BTW I lived right off of route 18, near Englishtown actually. Raceway Park was practically my backyard.

At most you lived 5 minutes away from me, i lived on 9 but theres a quick cut i can make driving to get into 18. Youre definatly older thanmem though i only graduated last year form obhs. Pretty cool though.

The rag$ are the little sister because the Devils have been able to go on the big ride since 95. (Big ride as in the cup.) While the rag$ anxiously run to join up, they come up to the ride with a grin and try stand up tall. The ride attendant then goes "sorry, youre too little to go on this ride. But hey, maybe next year" and as the rag$ start walking away the ride attendant goes "..doubtful." Then start the waterworks.

At most you lived 5 minutes away from me, i lived on 9 but theres a quick cut i can make driving to get into 18. Youre definatly older thanmem though i only graduated last year form obhs. Pretty cool though.

So, you went on the big ride 3 times and were turned away the other 10? Yeah, guess you are the BIG sister. That might have been the most painful thing I had to read. Remember, 3 Cups and you still couldn't become the top team in the market. Like I said, the red-headed stepchild.

I went to Ottawa for a game this season. I couldn't believe how friendly the fans were. They were extremely friendly in Toronto, but in Ottawa they did all but roll out the red carpet.

First off, it was TWO OT GOALS. It was 13 years ago, and chances are you weren't even a fan for your first cup.

Im aware of what transpired. And I was refering to the 2OT goal that won the series.....and it is now 14 years ago....but lets not nitpick

I watched the whole series with my step dad who is a blueskirts fan and it was one of the most devastating moments of my life, so please dont tell me I wasnt a fan for the Devils first cup, because I most certainly was. I went to hockey practice wearing my #44 Stephan Richer jersey....so eat it.

For the past decade I have always considered the Flyers to be our main rivals since they were the most competitive team. Geography aside I never really considered the Rangers or the Islanders rivals because they were both really bad teams.

Currently, I consider Pittsburgh more of a rival. Marty vs Crosby is a classic battle in the making.

Even with Gomez and Drury I really don't consider the Rangers a "rival" but this could all change come September.

So, you went on the big ride 3 times and were turned away the other 10? Yeah, guess you are the BIG sister. That might have been the most painful thing I had to read. Remember, 3 Cups and you still couldn't become the top team in the market. Like I said, the red-headed stepchild.

The rag$ are just a team use to losing. I mean was i the only one seeign that the rag$ were happy they made second round of the playoffs? The fans were so happy they made second round, thats not winnoing the cup at all but they loved it. When the Devils lose second round, were not satisfied.

3 cups in 25 years compared to 4 in 82 isnt much a battle.

We're the big brothers to the boney ugly little sister.

And RD it is indeed a small world :P

The rag$ are just a team use to losing. I mean was i the only one seeign that the rag$ were happy they made second round of the playoffs? The fans were so happy they made second round, thats not winnoing the cup at all but they loved it. When the Devils lose second round, were not satisfied.

Right, the big brother who doesn't get any attention.

the rangers are the biggest rivals hands down...

but yes the flyers were bigger rivals the last 10 or so odd years since the rangers have been a complete joke.

the rangers getting gomez and improving the past season definately stirs things up...bring the hate...lol!

Your argument makes no sense. Posters on this site have complained for years about the lack of attention the Devils get despite their recent success. And that's because they are the third hockey team in the metroarea and also have to compete with the Flyers. Location has a lot to do with it.

Newsflash. When the Rangers lost 2nd round, I wasn't satisfied because they easily could've won that series. It hurt. But it also was a very good step for a club that's on the rise. They went down fighting to the buzzer which is why fans cheered. They didn't bow out in a wimper.

I can't speak for anyone else. But I expect to win.

It's nice to be the most hated rival again for a real reason.

Edited by Derek21

Your argument makes no sense. Posters on this site have complained for years about the lack of attention the Devils get despite their recent success. And that's because they are the third hockey team in the metroarea and also have to compete with the Flyers. Location has a lot to do with it.

Newsflash. When the Rangers lost 2nd round, I wasn't satisfied because they easily could've won that series. It hurt. But it also was a very good step for a club that's on the rise. They went down fighting to the buzzer which is why fans cheered. They didn't bow out in a wimper.

I can't speak for anyone else. But I expect to win.

It's nice to be the most hated rival again for a real reason.

Derek, I don't know if it has EVER happened, or will ever happen again, but I agree with every word of this post.