Detroit's attendance blues

section 110

I don't know how sorry I feel for the Red Wings, you know the economy's a problem in Detroit so why not give fans more of a break on ticket prices, at least now?

Granted some of their problem in not selling out is similar to ours in that fans don't want to pay for a ton of regular season games when you expect to be in the playoffs anyway.

I was in Detroit last year for WrestleMania 23 and I went to a Wings-Stars game. Detroit is an awful, awful, awful city. I had so many bums come up to me asking for money and giving me these stories about why they need it. Detroit is probably the worst city I have ever been to.
Edited by Eltab213

If anyone is looking at dwindling attendance numbers, they should re-examine their ticket prices. Outside of businesses using tickets for sales/promotion activity, there aren't many individuals who can shell out $100 or more, per seat, per game, over a 41 game home schedule, plus playoffs, and, feel like it's a good deal even though they will miss any number of weeknight or other games. It's not like the NFL where you know you have one game every other sunday for 18 weeks to worry about making it to.

lower prices and more partial season plans will fill seats.

If anyone is looking at dwindling attendance numbers, they should re-examine their ticket prices. Outside of businesses using tickets for sales/promotion activity, there aren't many individuals who can shell out $100 or more, per seat, per game, over a 41 game home schedule, plus playoffs, and, feel like it's a good deal even though they will miss any number of weeknight or other games. It's not like the NFL where you know you have one game every other sunday for 18 weeks to worry about making it to.

lower prices and more partial season plans will fill seats.