NFL week 12

CRASHER

I will never, EVER, forgive Mo Lewis for that.

Started the Brady Era, prompted Bledsoe to Buffalo, giving me 3 years of pain and angui$h, and I was brainwashed into BILLIEVING Bled$oe was the answer, as CRA$HER was for a brief time as well! :P

It's never a good sign when a team is willing to trade a starting QB to a team IN ITS OWN DIVISION! (I still have my authentic blue Starter Bledsoe jersey...I never wear it anymore, but I can't bring myself to throw it out either...so it just hangs in the closet.)

Bledsoe's biggest problem, besides being immobile and prone to some horrible decision-making, was his play in the second half of the season. You could almost set your watch to it...after 8 games his play would tail off, big time. (Remember his first season in Buffalo?) He would also fatten up on bad teams (the Colts, pre-Manning for a good portion of his Pats career). He did have some great moments though (the Minnesota game, when Parcells was actually reduced to tears at halftime and pleaded, "When do you guys want to start winning?"), and with Parcells not only brought the franchise back from oblivion, but helped sell tickets and keep the team in Foxboro (they were close to moving to St. Louis).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're (not YOUR, BTW) right...Brady should be perfect. He should never ever throw an incomplete pass or "almost" get picked. Everything should be easy...even though this is the NFL where any team can beat any other any given day (a scenario we've all seen countless times).

They have a tough game where the opposition's coach clearly came up with a good game plan (a coach in Andy Reid who has shown he knows a little something about coaching as well) and had his team ready to play, and right away Belichick's getting outcoached, Brady's not doing well, :blahblah:. Yeah, Heaven forbid that the Pats should actually had a game where they had to grind out a win, as oppposed to blowing yet another team out. You probably had the Pats written off in the Colt game, just like you had them written off in last night's game. Not too much of a frontrunner are you?

Oh well...I'll continue to enjoy what the Patriots are doing, being a lifetime fan, and I'm sure you will too...for now. But we both know the minute that the team starts to slide, you'll be nowhere to be found.

Yea see I just dont look at the world with beer goggles as you do. The Pats didnt deserve to win that game. Brady throws 20 incompletes and the Eagles QB makes a typical backup mistake. If you actually listented to the boston post game you would know I'm actually not in the minority. Belichek had nothing for the Eagles game plan. He continually gave the inside up and refused to do anything about it. How does that work against a team with a real QB? You think Rothesberger is going to make that stupid pass that Feeley did to end the game. Dont kid yourself.

I'm sure your a lifetime fan, yea I'm sure youll stick around as much as I will. Don't go questioning my team loyalties you don't know me. You just live in fantasy land and root from the clouds. See I keep my feet grounded and admit my teams weakness. It was a game they didn't deserve to win. Thank you Feely for throwing a beautiful pass to Samuels to end the game. Only hope Manning is this stupid come playoff time.

Not to mention Belichek himself says that if Samuels didn't make that interception on the first series they don't win that game. Then you have Samuels in the post game interview saying they played terrible. Brady himself was really off. He threw a lot of passes high and behind recievers and thats not him.

Why is not ok to critizice your own team? I'd really love to know I mean you clearly know all so why? Brady didn't play well last night I'm not wrong there but I cant point it out. Belichek had no clue how to fix the problem on the inside passing game yet I can't criticize him considering its his job to do that. I'll give my team all the credit in the world when they get it right, but you have to be fair and criticize when they dont. Fair weather fans disappear I'll be here forever... you who knows

Edited by njdevils783

Not all Patriot fans. Just the instant ones.

Even funnier was how njdevils783 was chirping about how about "that a$$hole Belichick's" game plan and how it wasn't working, yet in the first half the Pats scored two touchdowns and added a field goal.

Once again if this guy actually listened to post games outside of ESPN he'd know that I'm not alone. Belichek did NOTHING to solve the inside passing game. He gave it up over and over. How do you just sit back and let them have the entire middle of the field all game? This will work against the Eagles because there not that good. Come Pittsburgh and playoffs playing like this won't work. Now am I saying he won't fix it in the coming weeks no. But he showed nothing last night. Then again I may be missing something what did you see from the clouds?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, didn't.

Execution is part of the equation. That's why the Eagles are a 5-6 team.

And the Pats defense definitely isn't great...there have been times when they've looked a little slow and a little vulnerable. And the Eagles deserve credit for playing well, save for the turnovers. They played aggressively and clearly weren't intimidated.

About not being able to admit my team's weaknesses...you were saying njdevils783?

It wasn't the prettiest win, but stop overreacting to it. Did you think every other game save for the Colts game was going to be easy?

Everyone's talking about this game being the "blueprint"...I'll believe it when I see it.

About not being able to admit my team's weaknesses...you were saying njdevils783?

It wasn't the prettiest win, but stop overreacting to it. Did you think every other game save for the Colts game was going to be easy?

Everyone's talking about this game being the "blueprint"...I'll believe it when I see it.

My point is you jumped on my integrity as a fan over a comment. All I did was point out the obvious yet I'm a bandwagon fan. Criticize my lack of knowelege about the game, my tendeny to over react at time, but dont challenge my integrity.

No I didn't expect every other team in the league to just roll over and die. I had a feeling this game would be a challenge. I was/am just worried that Belichek refused to even try taking the inside away. Will he fix that in the coming week yea hopefully. But you and I know there are good QB's who wont make the mistakes that Feely did.

Edited by njdevils783

My point is you jumped on my integrity as a fan over a comment. All I did was point out the obvious yet I'm a bandwagon fan. Criticize my lack of knowelege about the game, my tendeny to over react at time, but dont challenge my integrity.

All right, that's fair enough. I just hate bandwagon fans, and at the time you sounded like one. I understand the overreacting thing.

No I didn't expect every other team in the league to just roll over and die. I had a feeling this game would be a challenge. I was/am just worried that Belichek refused to even try taking the inside away. Will he fix that in the coming week yea hopefully. But you and I know there are good QB's who wont make the mistakes that Feely did.

I think they'll be fine in the coming weeks. This defense clearly isn't great (it's kind of like taking a quick look at a team's stats and saying, "Wow, they're really good against the run," without noticing that they suck against the pass, so teams don't run on them...the Pats don't give up a ton of PPG because their offense is always driving deep into enemy territory), but no one's really figured out how to stop the Patriot offense for a full game yet, so I think their defense doesn't have to be great...just smart and opportunistic.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

THis is really bad news....

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/26/...inging-to-life/

Sean Taylor 'Clinging to Life'

Posted Nov 26th 2007 4:25PM by Bruce Ciskie

Filed under: Redskins, NFC East, Washington, DC

The latest news on Redskins safety Sean Taylor is not good.

Taylor was shot early Monday morning during an apparent break-in at his home in Miami. The early word was that Taylor was in critical condition and undergoing surgery. At one point, Jason La Canfora, who blogs about the Redskins on the Washington Post website, said he had spoken to a family friend who was at the hospital, and he said they "believe the situation is stabilizing".

Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be the case. The latest from La Canfora (via Pro Football Talk) is that Taylor is "clinging to life".

Richard Sharpstein, who has represented Sean Taylor in legal matters in the past and is a friend of the family, said moments ago that the player's life is hanging in the balance in the hospital. Sharpstein, speaking from the hospital, said Taylor is "nonresponsive and unconscious" and the doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death."

Sharpstein, who has been with Taylor's family at the hospital much of the day, said that there are major worries that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain, and that no other procedures are planned for right now. "They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharpstein said. He was shot in the groin/thigh area near the femoral artery and lost copious amounts of blood. The intruders then retreated and Sean was airlifted to the trauma center and endured several hours of surgery, Sharpstein said.

Taylor is only 24 years old, with a girlfriend and a young child (who were unhurt in the shooting). While the latest update in the Miami Herald makes no direct reference to the perpetrators being either in custody or still at-large, it does say they fled after Taylor was shot. The latest Herald story also makes reference to the possibility that Taylor has suffered brain damage due to his heavy blood loss.

Amy Shipley of the Washington Post appeared on ESPNEWS. She told Josh Elliott "Several family members have told us he (Taylor) is doing okay". She didn't really elaborate on that statement, only to say that the family was trying to "piece together" what happened at Taylor's residence.

--------------

I fvcking hate the guy who shot Sean Taylor. That's just gross.... He's so much talented, how can you do that?

I :pray: for Taylor's family, and I hope he'll be okay..

Once again, despite how it looks, the NFL GETS IT DONE and delivers yet again on another exciting football Sunday that had more twists and turns and excitement then even I thought possible

I just want to say this very quickly. Anyone who complained about Vinny or Bledsoe has never had to deal with the evil of David Carr. I want him cut immediately. He makes Vinny look like Tom Brady. I am begging for Vinny to be healthy for next week.

The fans were chanting for backup Matt Moore screaming, "Moore Moore". In the post game press conference Carr says something along the lines of, "It wasn't like we were struggling on purpose. We tried to make plays but it didn't happen. The fans were chanting More More and I was trying to give them what they wanted, more points."

I just want to say this very quickly. Anyone who complained about Vinny or Bledsoe has never had to deal with the evil of David Carr. I want him cut immediately. He makes Vinny look like Tom Brady. I am begging for Vinny to be healthy for next week.

The fans were chanting for backup Matt Moore screaming, "Moore Moore". In the post game press conference Carr says something along the lines of, "It wasn't like we were struggling on purpose. We tried to make plays but it didn't happen. The fans were chanting More More and I was trying to give them what they wanted, more points."

I watched some of your game this week and must say, as someone who put up with Drew, my heart truly does go out to you. Carr is HORRID.

You are probably one of the worst football fans ever. Did you clap when Taylor got shot too? An injury is an injury, i don't care who you root for, or who's bandwagon you jump on, he's still human, he still got hurt, and you were pleased seeing his pain.

wow great comparison a guy getting shot in his house to a football injury great comparison how old are you 5? Plus who knows if its really an injury they could have taken him out because they didn't want him getting banged around anymore. wow i'm actually cracking up you just compared a shooting to a football injury. Your really good at this. lmao

Not to mention where were you mr all high and mighty a week ago when half the board was calling for someone to take a cheap shot at Brady. Williams got stepped on, kind of looked like a shot of justice more then anything. But yea great comparison I mean ESPN here you come.

Edited by njdevils783

Fun-ny! Not only did you sound like a babbling idiot in your opening stanza, you further humiliated yourself with that "ESPN here you come" remark.

Grow up, and while you're at it, take a step off the bandwagon for a little while. How many times would you be on these NFL threads if your "beloved" (since 01 I'm guessing) Pats weren't doing as hot as they are?

Well isnt that the pot calling the kettle black. Your lack of maturity shines through with every post keep it going. Not to mention you completely ignored my 2nd coment so your a hypocrite to boot. And honestly if the bandwagon thing is all ya got you lost already. Just jumping on the disagreement that the other guy and I had and settled like adults is just sad. But hey thats your life.

Oh and I love this another cowboy fan accusing a patriot fan of being a bandwagoner... I'm sure 92-95 must have been really tough on you. What a suprise Cowboys are in first and their fans are arrogant again... save you Crasher wish they could all be like you. Haha and he likes Duke wow do you root for any losing teams or just national contenders. Let me guess yankee fan as well? This is to easy.

But hey with all that said any injury for anyone I would never hope nor root for. But my point was when you see them happen, which is unavoidable, I couldn't have chosen a more deserving person.

Edited by njdevils783

Hey hey, not all of us Cowboy fans are arrogant... :)

lol I know I know... I dont really have a problem with anyone just enjoy the common trash talking :whistling: haha an really would it be as much fun if we didnt... buh ugh I'm such a bandwagon fan that in 3 months i might be rooting for the cowboys so who knows lol :rolling:

Edited by njdevils783

92-95 wasn't tough on me, sure, but i was still a fan from 96-06, where we were the doormats of the league for a couple years, and I enjoyed ZERO playoff wins.

I ROOT FOR DUKE BECAUSE I GRADUATED FROM THERE! Get OVER yourself.

Just looked at his profile page, and the 24 year old who can't type, can't spell, and has the grammar of a 6 year old is telling ME to grow up.

:rolleyes:

ooo this is never going to end. Damn I forgot I'm writing for the NY Times I'll have to correct my grammer to keep you happy. Really get over youself. Saying you were a fan from 96-06 proves about as much as me saying I was a Pat's fan pre 01. This is going nowhere. I'm done with this thread. Good luck to all. Week 13 here we come.

Edited by njdevils783