Which Team Canada forward will have the biggest impact at the World Ju

Devils731

I saw someone post this over on the HF boards.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/poll/?poll_id=54&ST=N

Which Team Canada forward will have the biggest impact at the World Juniors?

Posted: Dec 13/07, Total Votes: 8162

Votes Score

1. John Tavares, Oshawa Generals 1994 24%

2. Steven Stamkos, Sarnia Sting 1711 21%

3. Shawn Matthias, Belleville Bulls 616 8%

4. Stefan Legein, Niagara IceDogs 607 7%

5. Matt Halischuk, Kitchener Rangers 2755 34%

6. Wayne Simmonds, Soo Greyhounds 479 6%

-------------------------

That's pretty crazy considering Stamkos and Tavares are in the poll. I guess this mean Halischuk's play has looked as good as his numbers suggest. Looks like the Devils may have gotten really lucky with that pick, I hope it continues.

Halischuk's numbers aren't that mind-blowing when you consider he's only 3rd on his team in points.

Frankly I'm more impressed by Nick Palmieri who has 14 goals in 19 games.

Looks like 2007 was an excellent draft so far.

Palmieri also had the Gordie Howe hat trick the other night. I love the way he plays. I also think when he was out with mono, that Erie lost 16 straight games, then won when he came back and scored the over time winner.

The Devils prospects are acctually quite exciting again, since we have lacked and sort of Zajac of Parise prospects since they made the big team and with poor Bergfors continuing to toil away in the AHL.

Corrente

Tulupov

Halischuk

Palmieri

Zharkov

Vasyunov

I cant wait till they all make lowell.

Matt and Nick are both excellent players, I have watched them play for 3 years in Erie and Kitchner. But consider Matt is on a loaded team where even with him and Spauling gone the Rangers don't miss a beat. Palmieri is on a rebuilding Otters team with no depth. He plays on both PK and PP and the first line and has to play 25 minutes plus a game, without him the Otters lost 13 games in a row and Torquoto had 5 points in 13 games since he's been back Zac T is on an 11 game scoring streak and has found his game and most importantly Erie is starting to win again. Nick has only played 18 games ( OHL site is wrong) and his avg. a point agame with 14 goals and 3 game winners.This is combined with the fact that he just returned from Mono and Tonsilitus in the middle of November. As an Erie Fan and a Nick Palmieri fan I think his performance has been nothing short of amazing.