OOT Scoreboard 01/01/08

eaglejelly

I think it's good to have these kind of events Winter Classic (although, i'd try to find a idfferent name for it) and the All Star game to break up the season a little bit. If the winter classic becomes a yearly thing, and I think it should..it'd be a good idea to have the classic on the Super Bowl Bye Week, or Xmas Day, or something like that....not sure New Years was the best option still. If that were the case, i think they should move the All Star game back just to before the stretch run of the season. I think a Feb 14 - All Star Game is a good idea.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the stoppages, yes they were lengthy at times and yes the flow was not great...but the atmosphere was top notch...loved the rink on the side where the kids were playing...awesome stuff!

You want to know the effect of this game? I was watching Mike and Mike on TV this morning (I know, E$PN, I know)...but Mike Greenberg, who has been known to rip the NHL and put it down, talked about how he was going away from the Michigan / Florida game and left the hockey game on for long stretches of time and had some great things to say about it. How about that, a NHL game during the beloved, corporate destroyed college bowl season, and someone who is not a NHL fan was compelled to watch the game.