Why Pandolfo should be let free

CMONPETEYD

Pando did have a shooting percentage of 15.4% this year which is crazy high. If you take that down to his career average then he would have only scored 7 or 8 goals. Pando may be able to score 15/15/30 or more but he has career highs of 14/14/27. His normal season looks more like 11/13/24 and he most likely is slowing down a little each year.

I don't think the team sees a huge decline if Pelley were to take over Pando's role. I'd rather have Pando for the next season or two but if a million of 1.5 million in cap savings can net more help in other areas I wouldn't feel uncomfortable with Pelley. I don't think the million dollar difference between Pando and Pelley's contract to make a difference though so I think Pando will be back.

Pandolfo has actually had his best offensive numbers the last 3-4 years, so he isn't really slowing down. I think his improved offensive numbers were a result of Madden's increased offensive output. As long as Sutter gives them a bit more leeway, Pandolfo will see a gradual increase over his career norms.

If Pandolfo demands around $2M annum, it would be silly to let him go. With a $56M cap that would be good value.

Edited by Voros19

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pando's numbers are pretty mediocre no matter what year you pick. Pando is pretty consistently a 19-27 point getter if he played an 82 game season. He only looked like he has improved offensively because he started playing all 82 games the last few years instead of 60-70. His best offensive years were this season, helped by his crazy shooting percentage and 98-99.

Pando's numbers are pretty mediocre no matter what year you pick. Pando is pretty consistently a 19-27 point getter if he played an 82 game season. He only looked like he has improved offensively because he started playing all 82 games the last few years instead of 60-70. His best offensive years were this season, helped by his crazy shooting percentage and 98-99.

Good point, he did have injury troubles for a while there. Anyhow, his offensive numbers have stayed relatively consistent. I'm not making him out to be an offensive dynamo, but I think it's reasonable to expect a slight increase in production under Sutter.

Doesn't anyone realize how great a year Pandolfo would have had if he hadnt gotten injured? He was on a tear before he got hurt.

That was fueled by an unrealistic shooting percentage that he will never repeat and a good offensive year from Madden that may not be repeatable.

Doesn't anyone realize how great a year Pandolfo would have had if he hadnt gotten injured? He was on a tear before he got hurt.

but he did, so he didn't

life's a bitch... and you try not to marry one :P