A SUPER Great Weekend

brodeurgirl30

My husband's (Jonathan) 27th birthday was yesterday. :clap: Some friends of ours (Brent and Beverly) bought us Duke vs. NC State football tickets and grilled chicken and shrimp and bought all the beer for tailgating. :cheers: Even got Jonathan a cake. There were an insane amount of drunk people around us who started :rant: at this poor 72 year old man with a cane. :rolleyes: Well all the non-drunk family people were getting pissed at the drunk people harassing the old guy. So :fight: s were breaking out and the police came and threw a bunch of people out. Drama...excellent. We had a Canes game the next day so we stayed in Raleigh that evening. We tailgated again with Brent and Beverly and again they were kind enough to provide everything for us still stating that it was for Jonathan's birthday. :rock: I snuck away and bought Jonathan a Eric Staal 3rd jersey. :RD: (I know people on here don't like them, but my husband does and it was his b-day...so get over it!!!) :P Since his b-day was actually Monday and we had Veteran's day off we decided to stay in Raleigh until Tuesday. I had the best Marty dream I have ever had that night. :wub: We went Tuesday to the RBC Center box office to exchange some of our game pack tickets in for the Jan. 6 :evil: s game and they gave us better seats than we originally had. :devil: Then we found out that the Canes' practice was about to start and it was open to the public. THat was fun and then we stuck around for autographs. We got a good amount of signatures on a hat of my husband's and got the Staal jersey I got him signed by Eric. Pictures were taken, etc. I was excited to see Brandon Sutter :clap2: participate in a full skate today. I got my picture taken with him as well. Then I finally got home and I got a call from Brent. He owns some assisted living places and some provider of something has a luxury suite at the Canes games. Brent got him to give us 7 tickets to his luxury suite for the March 18th game against the :evil: s :RD:

:yea: :yea: :beerbang::rock::beerbang:

:w00t::gd::boogie::koolaid: (please Marty :wub: :wub: be back by then)!!! Man what a great weekend for me, for my husband and his b-day, and did I mention that I love Brent and Beverly! I have to upload the pics, but I will post them here when I get them.

And as soon as I hit post I realized this should be in off-topic, but sadly it was too late. If an admin wants to move this, feel free.

Edited by brodeurgirl30

Hey, that's awesome! Go you!

Funny thing is: since your post was so long I didn't read it from the beginning. I did a quick scan and zeroed in on the part about you getting your picture taken with Brandon Sutter. You then followed that up with going home and getting a call from Brent, and I thought: Holy crap! Brent Sutter called her and got her a luxury suite to the Devils-Canes game in N.C.! :o

... Then I decided to go back and read the post from the beginning and that's when I realized your friend's name is Brent, and he was the one who called you, not Devils head coach (and Brandon's father) Brent Sutter. :D

Glad to hear you had a great weekend! :)

Your use of emoticons and the way they look on your post made me think of this.

... Then I decided to go back and read the post from the beginning and that's when I realized your friend's name is Brent, and he was the one who called you, not Devils head coach (and Brandon's father) Brent Sutter. biggrin.gif

Haha I thought the same thing..

Hey, that's awesome! Go you!

Funny thing is: since your post was so long I didn't read it from the beginning. I did a quick scan and zeroed in on the part about you getting your picture taken with Brandon Sutter. You then followed that up with going home and getting a call from Brent, and I thought: Holy crap! Brent Sutter called her and got her a luxury suite to the Devils-Canes game in N.C.! :o

... Then I decided to go back and read the post from the beginning and that's when I realized your friend's name is Brent, and he was the one who called you, not Devils head coach (and Brandon's father) Brent Sutter. :D

I thought the same thing, and I actually DID read the whole thing. :doh1: