GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Coorslight

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all can rant about the horsesh!t that goes on. The Pissguins and the Raggots will continue to get away with plenty of crap. Langs coming to Zach's defense great I know the league has changed but if you are going to take a penalty then make it worth it. The whining ass Crosby is the new Gretzky, cry and whine and you get what you want. Next time this little fruitcake(read jerk) comes down the ice unmolested slam his ass into the next decade. Devils defenders need to be more physical but we are the Devils so much as fart near a Rag or Pen and you get penalized. Next a little harassment of the goalie is helpful.

Don't say that!! He'll fall over and cry and you'll go to the box, 2 minutes for roughing!

EXACTLY! I'm not bitching cause we lost last night. I expected a loss and was hoping for a win. But I hate fvcking Crosby that whiney little bitch! This is why Cindy will never be Ovechkin! I never see anyone complain about Ovechkin like they do about Sid the Bitch. There's a reason for that. Ovechkin deals as much as he takes without bitching. Crosby will make the bitch move but can't deal with the reprocussions. Ovechkin OWNS Crosby IMO. WOW I went WAY off topic there. As I said my GF woke me up and beer is a friend today grr :) :) :)

TG talking about more poor coaching from Sutter.

**Playing Sheldon Brookbank with Patrik Elias and Brian Gionta in the third period Satuday was not one of Brent Sutter's finest moments as a coach. I know he had limited options with Dainius Zubrus weakened by a stomach bug, but there were other things he could have done. As I said at the time, I would have put Zach Parise up with Elias (at center) and Gionta and taken my chances that way. He could have put someone else (possibly) Mike Rupp with Travis Zajac and Jamie Langenbrunner and cobbled togehter a third line.

**One thing is clear: Sutter does not believe Petr Vrana can play quality minutes in the NHL. That Sutter continued to play Barry Tallackson (he even used him with Elias and Gionta in the third period after the failed Brookbank experiment) after his second period blunder on Crosby's second goal, showed that he has more trust in Tallackson than Vrana, who played only four shifts for 1:38 Saturday. That Brookbank also played with Elias and Gionta over Vrana also says a lot.

I don't know what the answer is with Vrana. He has not played well in his own end. At some point, Sutter might have to give him a chance to do more, though.

**I've understood Sutter's use of Brookbank, a defenseman, as right wing on the fourth line and it's actually worked out well for the most part, but on a night like Saturday when Zubrus is ill, the Devils need to call up another forward and dress him in case Zubrus can't play the full game (which is how it turned out). The Devils had all day Saturday to make a move and always say that Lowell is not that far away. They can't have a situation where Sutter has to turn to Brookbank to play in an offensive role in a game in which the team is trailing by two goals, but still in position to come back and win the game.

Edited by Cowutopia

what happended that Langs stood up for Parise last night? i must of missed that part

Parise go hit into the Devils bench by a slitghty late hit by Cooke. He could've let up a little but instead dumped Parise into the bench. Langs took exception to that and so did a few others. Was nice to see

Ah, Ovechkin, this guy is fun to watch he can take a hit as well as give one and I have never seen him cry or complain. Like our Zach. Seems like our guys are gun shy of the referees, screw the zebras and the NHL's showcase players, dish out a little beating to these fags(crosby, malkin, dubinski, queen lundquist...).

TG talking about more poor coaching from Sutter.

**Playing Sheldon Brookbank with Patrik Elias and Brian Gionta in the third period Satuday was not one of Brent Sutter's finest moments as a coach. I know he had limited options with Dainius Zubrus weakened by a stomach bug, but there were other things he could have done. As I said at the time, I would have put Zach Parise up with Elias (at center) and Gionta and taken my chances that way. He could have put someone else (possibly) Mike Rupp with Travis Zajac and Jamie Langenbrunner and cobbled togehter a third line.

**One thing is clear: Sutter does not believe Petr Vrana can play quality minutes in the NHL. That Sutter continued to play Barry Tallackson (he even used him with Elias and Gionta in the third period after the failed Brookbank experiment) after his second period blunder on Crosby's second goal, showed that he has more trust in Tallackson than Vrana, who played only four shifts for 1:38 Saturday. That Brookbank also played with Elias and Gionta over Vrana also says a lot.

I don't know what the answer is with Vrana. He has not played well in his own end. At some point, Sutter might have to give him a chance to do more, though.

**I've understood Sutter's use of Brookbank, a defenseman, as right wing on the fourth line and it's actually worked out well for the most part, but on a night like Saturday when Zubrus is ill, the Devils need to call up another forward and dress him in case Zubrus can't play the full game (which is how it turned out). The Devils had all day Saturday to make a move and always say that Lowell is not that far away. They can't have a situation where Sutter has to turn to Brookbank to play in an offensive role in a game in which the team is trailing by two goals, but still in position to come back and win the game.

The first was one shift so I'm not going to get crazy over it. Sutter appeared to be getting a guy who would bang like Zubrus on the line to keep all the roles in tact, and they created some good chances to boot. The second doesn't seem like poor coaching as I've at least seen Tallackson have some decent NHL games as opposed to Vrana at this point. The third is Lou's problem, although I assume they thought Zubrus was going to be fine and it turned out the team was wrong.

As for his call up point - 731, said it all. They might've assumed he's be fine. And how easy is it to get a guy from Portland, Maine to Pittsburgh starting at noon or so?..taking into account weather delays, etc...there would have had to been a connection too most likely in NY, BOS, or DC you'd think too. That's not worth the cost, time, and chance for something so sudden.

The Pens were really after Parise last night. Smart strategy by them though... it worked.

You know what about Crosby, maybe he's a whiny b!tch and dives and complains a lot... which is why we hate him, but thinking like a Pens fan for a sec, its great. He is good enough to be protected by the league and can do basically whatever he wants. And he has some moments that make him look less like a little girl. I remember last night he was getting rough w/ Rupp which surprised me.

Edited by njdevil26

You know what about Crosby, maybe he's a whiny b!tch and dives and complains a lot... which is why we hate him, but thinking like a Pens fan for a sec, its great. He is good enough to be protected by the league and can do basically whatever he wants.

Wrong!

No player is above the league and no player should be treated like they are above the league!

This is not the NBA and it's unacceptable in a sport where careless and stupid play can end careers that ANYONE get to run amuk above the rules :P

(it's a damn shame the lottery was rigged for the Penguins and it allowed Lemieux to brainwash this kid into the whiny bitch he became :P)

Wrong!

No player is above the league and no player should be treated like they are above the league!

This is not the NBA and it's unacceptable in a sport where careless and stupid play can end careers that ANYONE get to run amuk above the rules :P

(it's a damn shame the lottery was rigged for the Penguins and it allowed Lemieux to brainwash this kid into the whiny bitch he became :P)

not saying i like it. but its true

I was ridiculously giddy that Rupp scored. I don't know...I've always loved him for whatever reason.

If we had played one more period like the third period, it probably would have been a different game. This game didn't leave me feeling weird, though. It's just a matter of stepping it back up.

I was ridiculously giddy that Rupp scored. I don't know...I've always loved him for whatever reason.

If we had played one more period like the third period, it probably would have been a different game. This game didn't leave me feeling weird, though. It's just a matter of stepping it back up.

I was happy for Mike, all the bs he's been through.

Wrong!

I couldn't agree more on both points.