LOST: Season 5

metallidevils

The island doesn't want Ben any more huh? Well... it must because he is there -- but it seems just to provide information to everyone else. He reminds me of Michale now - that treading water kind of place -- he's just the island's bitch no matter what he tries to do.

Did Ben at one time say that whoever moves to the island can't get back to the island? Because technically, he and Locke are on an island next to the actual island, right?

Also, I'm hearing that Claire could be seen behind Christian while he was showing Sun the old photo. Did anyone notice that? I didn't.

Edited by 95Crash

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying where are they in 77? what does the fact that anyone knew where they were in 1954 have to do with it? :P

No, I worded it wrong...I mean initially when they started time trippin' and they all wondered back on the beach and then got pummeled with flaming arrows...Sawyer yelled to meet at the river or whatever and then when Miles, Juliet, Sawyer, and the main guys got there and got captured by teeny Widmore and Ellie, Ellie said something about they knew right where to find them because of Sawyer's big mouth...so either it was assumed they were killed or taken captive, if they were just taken captive, like Sawyer and the rest they would've escaped their captives when they jumped...so I'm saying if that scenario had happened I'd think something more would've been said about it and they would've been mentioned again...

so to answer your question...in 77, 54, 62, 1984 they are dead...at least in my opinion....we might see how it happened but I don't think they are going to have much significance....but i could be wrong...

Edited by UnderDogX

:giggle: that makes much more sense!

I dont have DVR and can only watch this stuff once - while my daughter is HOWLING at me! my family hates Lost and love to interrupt. My husband was sweet though and while laughing as he said it asked her to stop shouting and let me watch (she's not allowed in the room while it's on because it's just too loud and violent and... let's just say lacks the continuity a 6 year old would need to put it into any logical context!

I was wondering about Rose and Bernard too. I guess 50 yr olds aren't glamourous or active enough to play a major role - though Frank must be over 50...

Namaste opened with Frank. Oh my stars!!!! I just love his eyeball.gifeyeball.gif

Frank aka JF is 56 years old. I am older than him. faintthud.gif

PK I made my first video for a profile contest and you know the subject of my video. swoon.gif

Do you have cable PK? It in OnDemand with Comcast but you may be Patriot where you live.

Did Ben at one time say that whoever moves to the island can't get back to the island? Because technically, he and Locke are on an island next to the actual island, right?

Also, I'm hearing that Claire could be seen behind Christian while he was showing Sun the old photo. Did anyone notice that? I didn't.

Ben lies.

Edited by StarDew

Well now that was a pretty good episode, its cool to see lines drawn, alliances formed, and leaders forged all over again but this time we know the outcome of some of the big players (i.e. Ben, Richard, Horace....) I was surprised to see Sayid go through with it...once he told Sawyer he had a purpose I knew exactly what he was talking about I just figured he would back down...but that whole scenario will only be able to play out in two ways in my opinion (mainly do to the Faraday theory of self correction, as well as the paradox of it all) either Sayid just pushed Ben towards his destiny, because if you think about it why is he so attached to the island...he wasn't born there, he was a part of Dharma, killed them and joined the Others...but why is the island so important to him...its a way of life sure but it seems more than that and I think we'll see why now...the island saved him, he should've and could've died right there but didn't and Sayid is the one who pushed him there...either that or the Oceanic crew will save him and that leads to, if at the very least a subconscious, feeling of helping them out as he seems to do as long as its in his interest as well...although that idea is stretching it so it could be some combo of the two....

either way I'm interested to see the Sun storyline play out as well as finding out what happened with Faraday...

I would like to think that the writers had at least enough foresight to figure out some of this stuff as far as how does Ben not know who Sayid is if he almost killed him and all of that so hopefully they've thought about things like that....

Ben DOES know who Sayid is. He went through the future much as the 815ers are going through the "past." Ben can't say or do anything but keep on keeping on and hope that he's doing the right thing despite knowing the 815ers future in the past - Juliet hears Ethan's name and think "ACK!" (high girly voice) Sayid here's Ben's name and sees his creepy peepers and thinks "ACK!" (low manly voice) -- but they can't DO anything, with all they know they can't do anything -- Ben probably wanted to shout HOLY CRAP! He was probably so excited to kidnap them in Season 3 - at that point he was probably thinking he was going to send them back himself or something (that's my own fiction - I dont think the writers had that plan)

i think what people have to start asking Ben (which they CAN'T since he's not in the same time awareness as the 77 guys are) is notwhat's going to happen but what DID happen -- that was the question to be asked all along. ben never knew what was going to happen - just what did and perhaps what logically MUST happen inthe future to make the past work. Just NUTS.

But it seems Desmond is the special one because he forms new memories from the past. It appears he can change things... he changed his mind, changed his actions -- to the same end as luck would have it? or as time would have it? I think he's the lose cannon btu I dont know if that matters or not. :noclue:

i saw the preview of Sayid shooting the week before and pretty much had it figured then. He won't have killed Ben - probably Juliet will save him... so ti wont be the crush on the baby sitter after all! Who knows though, maybe Jack will have to? and blow eveeryone's cover totally... blah... who knows.

ANYHOW - the biggest question left in MY mind... so it wasn't Sayid that kicked Ben's arse like I suspected... so ... I guess maybe it was Desmond? Or amybe just someone else - Mrs Hawking maybe ratted him out to Widmore and he sent thugs to keep him off the plane (even more so than protect Penny) but it didnt work -

what sucks about Lost is that we really see how humans create order out of chaos. No not in the contents of the show -- I mean fans of the show I think create all this stuff and it's not even remotely what the authors had in mind -- if the authors even had ANYTHING in mind. I think this has no good way to end - too many things are insignificant that once seemed like a huge cool puzzle to unlock -- like who Amy's kid was going to be... who cares it was Ethan.... who cares if they somehow make it even matter - blah! I'm sure we'll see all sorts of crap like that.

I had the awful thought that Jacob will be the torturing dude - i dont think that now... but I was thinking what if they do that -- make him Jacob - smokey sentences him to a timeless spaceless (except for the cabin) formless life for all the torturing he;d done. What a STUPID un interesting INSIGNIFICANT character Jacob would then be --- I just worry all sorts of crap liek that will go down now... to use my favorite quote: My... how owdinawy...

Edited by Pepperkorn

Well that was a mouthful and while I can't even begin to reply to most of that I think that the writers will definitely tackle the big questions although they might give them only small insignificant answers simply because there doesn't need to be that broad drawn out explanation (the four-toed statue for example...we all know its egyptian now and the islanders aren't even the ones who got the answers even though Sayid was the one that asked the question...whether we dive more into that mythology will be interesting to see though) but i really think that all the little subtleties will be what are given bold answers, much like with Ethan...he was nothing more than a villian to capture Claire but has evolved into being very much a big part of the island for whatever reason I mean he was born on the island and there are only a select few that we know of....plus he survived the purge which is what I think they are building him up for and maybe the key to the Oceanic bunch to survive it...

As far as Ben knowing the bunch...maybe, i could see it but it'll have to be explained in a good narrative as to why it wasn't really mentioned before, I mean we know it wasn't mentioned because it probably wasn't written at the time but I think it would do the show a grave injustice if they didn't have all of that figured out one way or the other and I don't want it to involve a superman-esque kiss or a knock to the head that makes anyone forget :) But I personally think a lot of that will be explained through Faraday and Desmond (which, like you sees him as somewhat of an anomaly...unlike the others things that surround his past can be changed as long as it keeps the future along its proper course)

As far as everyone else, like I previously posted I think everything that happens is meant to happen. So if anyone, like Sayid, gets the idea they can change the future by doing something in the past it'll all be just them doing what they were supposed to do in that time...I don't think we'll be seeing a Back to the Future style disappearing act because someone changed something that shouldn't have been changed.

And with Ben and his wounds...i'm not convinced its as significant as we might think...maybe he went to try to get Desmond to go or something...the big question to me is how important Aaron and Sun's baby are going to be...they aren't on the island, but they can't be just forgotten about, I'd think anyway....

wasn't a big fan of this episode but next week's looks fantastic

it explained a bit and it was nice to see Hurley and Miles have the same question we did, at least shows the writers understand where they are going, then they had to ruin it with the "he won't remember any of this"....that better turn out to be good...

in hindsight having Kate give Aaron to Claire's mum seemed obvious...the show's pacing seems odd now that the are doing flashback's again...still interested in the fact that it was technically Jack who played a big part in Ben becoming who he is...also interesting to see his evolution from man of science to man of faith....seems like they are stalling a bit, trying to answer some questions before bringing up big ones...has to do with the show's impending end probably...

Insanely good episode....had me thinking twice about a few things...is Locke really alive or he something the island has re-manifested (ala Christian Shepard) he seems confident in everything he did this episode, no uneasiness or confusion...I found it odd that Ben was able to come face to face with the monster only after he finally admitted to Locke about his judgement and Alex (maybe Locke is the physical manifestation of smokey as Christian seems to be of Jacob)...not sure what but he know his purpose on the island...

Also seems as though Iliana and her group know what they are doing on the island, Whidmore's peeps maybe? What was in the big case and what does lie in the shadow of the statue?

Finally, props to Ben for doing what he does best and completely making swiss cheese out of that tool Ceasar...hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...
Namaste opened with Frank. Oh my stars!!!! I just love his eyeball.gifeyeball.gif

Dew ol' buddy I thought of you immediately!! :D This season is good but lots of questions, more than usual....will be interesting how they tie it all together. Hope it doesn't have a half-assed hokey ending when the time comes but I doubt it....

Dew ol' buddy I thought of you immediately!! :D This season is good but lots of questions, more than usual....will be interesting how they tie it all together. Hope it doesn't have a half-assed hokey ending when the time comes but I doubt it....

So good to see you Zam. :) I have some new DVD's and will be sending you some pics over the next 2 weeks. You will love them. In the meantime my blue-eyed sandman awaits. :)

Sad to see Faraday go...Jeremy Davies, the actor, is pretty brilliant in his portrayal of anyone he plays but Faraday was amazing as a character and it sucks to see him go.

This does open up a world of possibilities and I had a thought about it. Given the obvious "how can they change the past if it alters their future to the point where the present didn't happen and thus they aren't able to change that past?" I do have an notion that Faraday might be right and that Desmond is the key.

I don't think that people, in general, as Faraday states are the variables. I think that his first constant, Desmond, is actually a variable, and that Richard is one as well. These are two guys who can alter things and change the past, present, or future based on their actions.

There are a few things that changed in Faraday while he was in Ann Arbor and I hope it hits back at that before the seasons up so maybe we'll see Faraday again but who knows....

great episode non the less!!

The previous few episodes had me worried that I might be starting to lose interest in Lost. Which would've stunk because it's my favorite show. But for whatever reasons, I wasn't digging it.

But last night's installment changed all that. It had a little bit of everything: mystery, intrigue, action, drama, comedy. It really got me thinking and wondering again how it's all going to turn out.

UDX: Even though he's been in a bunch of things already, I never really noticed Davies before until I saw him in Rescue Dawn with Christian Bale and Steve Zahn. A very good movie BTW.

UDX: Even though he's been in a bunch of things already, I never really noticed Davies before until I saw him in Rescue Dawn with Christian Bale and Steve Zahn. A very good movie BTW.

That and Saving Private Ryan were his best work, and two totally different characters. Its a shame he isn't a more commanding actor, he could do a hell of a role cast as an insane Riddler or something....