2009 Draft Day

Demonic26

I'm interested in seeing if the draft stays on June 26th, seeing as how that's also the day of the NBA draft from what I've read. It seems weird that they'd both have theirs the same day, and since far fewer people care about the NHL draft, I'm wondering if it gets moved up a week or something.

I'm interested in seeing if the draft stays on June 26th, seeing as how that's also the day of the NBA draft from what I've read. It seems weird that they'd both have theirs the same day, and since far fewer people care about the NHL draft, I'm wondering if it gets moved up a week or something.

The NHL Awards are in Las Vegas on the 18th. Both events are big on the GM calendar and it requires a decent amount of travel this year. Zero chance that the draft gets moved up. Maybe a 5% chance that it gets moved back.

The NHL Awards are in Las Vegas on the 18th. Both events are big on the GM calendar and it requires a decent amount of travel this year. Zero chance that the draft gets moved up. Maybe a 5% chance that it gets moved back.

I'd be shocked if it was moved back, because of the free agency signing period starting July 1st. So I guess it doesn't move at all. Shame, I wanted to go to a No Doubt show that same evening. But free hockey-related event > expensive concert.

I don't think that it's a big deal that the NBA and NHL draft are on the same night. If they ever did anything I suppose they could push it back a day since all the GM's are going to be there Saturday for the rest of it anyway.

June 26 is also the same day as the beginning of Mets-Yankees at Citi Field and I have a ticket for that game, decisions decisions.

I don't think that it's a big deal that the NBA and NHL draft are on the same night. If they ever did anything I suppose they could push it back a day since all the GM's are going to be there Saturday for the rest of it anyway.

June 26 is also the same day as the beginning of Mets-Yankees at Citi Field and I have a ticket for that game, decisions decisions.

It just seems short-sighted on the NHL's part to allow it's draft to happen the same day as the NBAs, regardless of who scheduled it first. The NFL and NBA drafts are really the only two people care about, but if they wanted to get even a modicum of coverage for the NHL draft, they'd have it another day - any other day.

The Draft Party is officially announced: http://devils.nhl.com/fanzone/draftnight2009.htm

It starts at 6:30

Features/Activities:

* Watch the NHL Draft on the arena's center-hung scoreboard, as well as the flat screen televisions around the arena

* Select and purchase your seats for the 2009-10 NHL season at Prudential Center

* Alumni autograph session

* Devils equipment sale

* Sale of merchandise and collector’s items (Devils Den warehouse inventory and team store surplus, media guides, programs, etc.)

* Skate on the AmeriHealth Pavilion ice with N.J. Devil, Devil Dawg (Lowell) and Scorch (Trenton)

* Food and drinks available for purchase at the Fire Lounge and Belvedere Vodka Ice Lounge

* Interactive games

* Tickets for raffle prizes including Devils’ autographed memorabilia

* Free admission

Edited by JWomp

The Draft Party is officially announced: http://devils.nhl.com/fanzone/draftnight2009.htm

It starts at 6:30

Features/Activities:

* Watch the NHL Draft on the arena's center-hung scoreboard, as well as the flat screen televisions around the arena

* Select and purchase your seats for the 2009-10 NHL season at Prudential Center

* Alumni autograph session

* Devils equipment sale

* Sale of merchandise and collector

• 1 month later...

The Draft Day party is just around the corner and I can't wait!

I didn't go last year but I was wondering if anyone did and bought items? How much were the sticks, gloves etc going for last year? I just need to know so I could bring the right amount of cash with me. :)

GO DEVILS!

The Draft Day party is just around the corner and I can't wait!

I didn't go last year but I was wondering if anyone did and bought items? How much were the sticks, gloves etc going for last year? I just need to know so I could bring the right amount of cash with me. :)

GO DEVILS!

Sticks were $50, don't remember gloves cost.

They took credit card last year if that helps so you don't have to carry exact cash.