Elias Signing @ Livingston Mall

FireInHerEyes

I came across this on signingshotline.com...

Player: Patrick Elias

Promoter: Sports Express

Signing Location: Sports Express (Livingston, NJ)

Promoter's Email: Lunaticvic@aol.com

Promoter's Phone: (973) 535-6477

Mailing Address: Livingston Mall, 112 Eisenhower Parkway, Livingston, Nj 07039

Looks like any item: $30, inscriptions: $10

• 1 month later...

Wish I could, but I have no way of getting down to Livingston. I need a puck signed by Elias for the collection.

Just a quick question -- I had never heard of paying for autographs and having to buy stuff to get signed... I'd never heard of that until about 3 years ago and no one here batted an eye lash -- it was as if it was nothing new. What gives? Why did no one say wow they're making you pay for this now? Why did everyone just say $15 for this and $30 if you wan tthat... I dont understand how it just came about and no one questioned -- it was as if it was the norm. :noclue:

Do the players feel like prostitutes?

I would. I would never allow someone to charge for my signature. If I cared enough to give my time I'd want to GIVE my signature away. The whole concept is just so ... distasteful to me.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Just a quick question -- I had never heard of paying for autographs and having to buy stuff to get signed... I'd never heard of that until about 3 years ago and no one here batted an eye lash -- it was as if it was nothing new. What gives? Why did no one say wow they're making you pay for this now? Why did everyone just say $15 for this and $30 if you wan tthat... I dont understand how it just came about and no one questioned -- it was as if it was the norm. :noclue:

Do the players feel like prostitutes?

I would. I would never allow someone to charge for my signature. If I cared enough to give my time I'd want to GIVE my signature away. The whole concept is just so ... distasteful to me.

trust me iv been complaining alot to my friends having to pay money and think should be free to. but i really want signature right now so thats why im doing it. and 30 bucks is rip

Just a quick question -- I had never heard of paying for autographs and having to buy stuff to get signed... I'd never heard of that until about 3 years ago and no one here batted an eye lash -- it was as if it was nothing new. What gives? Why did no one say wow they're making you pay for this now? Why did everyone just say $15 for this and $30 if you wan tthat... I dont understand how it just came about and no one questioned -- it was as if it was the norm. dontknow.gif

PK, I know exactly what you're saying. I made a whole big stink about this in one of these threads last season. (Edit: Here's the Link.)

It seems like only yesterday that whenever a player made an appearance -- except maybe for card shows and conventions -- all you had to do was show up and they'd gladly sign something for you and even let you take a picture with them. At least that was always the case for me.

But apparently all that has changed, and now it is expected that you have to pay a fee -- like you said, it is the norm.

Edited by 95Crash

We were there last night and another classy, well done promotion done by the entire Sports Express crew.

I got my Elias game used Synergy SE stick which was game dated on the shaft by Elias 10-27-07 (Prudential Center Opening Night) when i got it a few years ago. Tonight, signed and inscribed the blade!

2530717890102523534S500x500Q85.jpg

2726591530102523534S500x500Q85.jpg

Edited by SJP20

I don't think he was too bad. Based on the comments from the Gold Circle skate I thought it would be bad but he told us he loved the picture we had of him (I think it was better than what Sport Express had). He was warm to us but maybe it was just seing something slightly different to sign that broke the monotony.

Stick looks great unknown poster. Did you get that at the Draft party in 08?

I don't think he was too bad. Based on the comments from the Gold Circle skate I thought it would be bad but he told us he loved the picture we had of him (I think it was better than what Sport Express had). He was warm to us but maybe it was just seing something slightly different to sign that broke the monotony.

Stick looks great unknown poster. Did you get that at the Draft party in 08?

Yep, pure luck. The 3 i pulled were all dated. I never even knew it was a significant date until i got home and looked it close.

But, i was telling some of the guys i collect with that this stick may hold another surprise. I am researching it based on a fluky feature of the stick itself i just came to notice. It was possibly used (based on some photogrpahic evidence) during the arena's ceremonial faceoff with Alfredsson and to record the assist on the Devils 1st goal in the arena.

Overall, Patty was great to my wife and i. He enjoyed seeing his stick and the jerseys we wore and talked with us all the while he signed and took pics.

Yep, pure luck. The 3 i pulled were all dated. I never even knew it was a significant date until i got home and looked it close.

But, i was telling some of the guys i collect with that this stick may hold another surprise. I am researching it based on a fluky feature of the stick itself i just came to notice. It was possibly used (based on some photogrpahic evidence) during the arena's ceremonial faceoff with Alfredsson and to record the assist on the Devils 1st goal in the arena.

Overall, Patty was great to my wife and i. He enjoyed seeing his stick and the jerseys we wore and talked with us all the while he signed and took pics.

That's great. I saw you in line and meant to pester you about the stick but I was being lazy. So far in the sticks I've bought the last few years photo matches have proven very elusive. Good to hear yours has proven otherwise.

That's great. I saw you in line and meant to pester you about the stick but I was being lazy. So far in the sticks I've bought the last few years photo matches have proven very elusive. Good to hear yours has proven otherwise.

mac, what sticks did you get at the draft day sale? Matching sticks is really tough...I've never been able to match a player stick (yet), only 2 goalie sticks.

mac, what sticks did you get at the draft day sale? Matching sticks is really tough...I've never been able to match a player stick (yet), only 2 goalie sticks.

2 Martins, an Oduya, and a Clarkson. There are some distinushing marks on the sticks but I'm not getting very good pics to match. And no more jamd.com to boot..

t/y. It is very, very tough to photomatch sticks, but keep trying!

I'm almost certain it's a match. I need a higher res pic of the faceoff to really slam dunk it.

I only noticed this standing in line the other night, unfortunetly, or i could have researched it before Tuesday. The match is based on the "SE" printed on the shaft at an upward angle (instead of straight) which is a printing flaw on Easton's part. None of the other silver Synergy SE sticks i own or the other two Elias Synergy SE's (including one he used the next week) have this. In the 25th Star Ledger book, there's a great pic where he's taking the faceoff and you can see the shaft of the stick if you hold the page down (it's right in the binding of the book). If you hold the book under a desk light, you can the SE on the stick is printed upward just like mine. You have to know what to look for to see it, but it's there.

How many could he have used that night that had that printing flaw? I'm not saying it's impossible, but just for that night to use that one stick, the picture evidence and dated from that night just makes it favorable it's the same stick.

I'm only thinking it might have been used to record the 1st point but unless i find a lucky shot of that celebration or goal, there's no way to be 100% sure.

Edited by SJP20

I'm only thinking it might have been used to record the 1st point because it was done in the 1st period, but unless i find a lucky shot of that celebration or goal, there's no way to be 100% sure.

Ken, the Devils didn't score until the second period that game.

2 Martins, an Oduya, and a Clarkson. There are some distinushing marks on the sticks but I'm not getting very good pics to match. And no more jamd.com to boot..

Yeah, I have a Clarkson stick with a great unique wear pattern on the tape, but I can't find a match anywhere.

I have Langenbrunner and Shanahan sticks with game dates on them and can't find matches for those either. The Shanahan is especially tough because the stick is primarily black, so marks don't show well at all.

Have you tried daylife.com? It's a pretty good photo site in the absence of jamd.