We can't blame poor start on absence of Martin and Pandolfo

Rock

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/10/nj_devils_coach_we_cant_blame.html

NJ Devils coach: We can't blame poor start on absence of Paul Martin and Jay Pandolfo

"I don't think so," Lemaire said. "All our defensemen that were regulars since the start of the season they've been playing pretty good every game and doing what they had to do. I know we had some tough times in different games, but they came back and did well. This is not a reason tonight because we lost Martin and the other guys can't play.

"There are certain things you have to do with the puck on every team's forecheck and if you don't do it you'll be in trouble."

"Right at the start we went through their forecheck and everything so the players are not surprised by what they'll get at the start," Lemaire said. "We go on and start to throw the puck around. We didn't control it. They took advantage of that and took control of the game. The second period we started to play."

Agree Agree Agree These injuries aren't an excuse for what happened last night. Hand of Stone wasn't ever a major offensive threat so to lose him is not a problem. Paul Martin creates a hole in the defense but we have the players to fill the void in the defense without using Murphy. Martin might be a slight loss on the PP.

So Marty plays solid, the offense does it thing and the defense plays it's positions and we win. That's not what happened!!!!

Buffalo took control and never gave it back. The Devils on the other hand gave Buffalo the control. Buffalo is hot and when you have a team like the Devils playing them you can't go down 0-2 in 6 minutes of the first period and expect to win unless the Devils team is clicking on all cylinders. They weren't clicking on one cylinder. Rolston talked with Lemaire yesterday about his problems on the ice, he should have been talking to Lou instead about retiring. Lou should be talking to Jeff about retiring.

OK. ok that's fine - good. We're not at that place yet. He's doing well with the Rolston situation - nice when a coach just knows a guy.

I forgot the too many men - yeah - with an off the cuff wtf - I just can't see that that - well I'm happy with how that's being viewed too - works for me.

OK -- I'm fine. I'm calm.

Who watches hockey like this? I'm a freak!

OK. ok that's fine - good. We're not at that place yet. He's doing well with the Rolston situation - nice when a coach just knows a guy.

I forgot the too many men - yeah - with an off the cuff wtf - I just can't see that that - well I'm happy with how that's being viewed too - works for me.

OK -- I'm fine. I'm calm.

Who watches hockey like this? I'm a freak!

Season ticets will be posted for sale. I can't bear to watch the lack of effort at these home games.