Wild Unsubstantiated Drunken Bar RUMOUR

daneyko_booster

I was at the game last night, then went to Williamsburg to a club called Public Assembly where they had a bunch of German dub techno DJs playing. I'm wearing a Daneyko jersey and a Devils hat and this guy comes up to me and says "How big a Devils fan are you?" I said "Uh, as big as they come, I've been cheering for them for as long as I can remember." He says "Larry Robinson is my uncle." I said "Awesome! I have a Larry Robinson stick in my living room. My uncle used to be a security guard at the Forum, and he gave it to me when Larry was coach of the Devils. He's been on the coaching staff of every Devils team that's won the Cup, I love Big Bird!" He said "Wow, I haven't heard that one (big bird) in a long time. Sorry to break it to you, but he's going to take a position with the Canadiens to help out with their defense." I said "Good for him. He's done so much for the team, I can't do anything but wish him well. Besides, we have Stevens filling that role with the Devils nowadays, and he's had the benefit of Robinson's advice for years and years, I think we'll do OK, and I wish Larry the best of luck (when they're not playing Jersey, of course)." He said his name was Chris Robinson.

So, there you have it. I reckon the possibility of this being a big pile of horse doo-doo is quite high, but I wanted to post it because it was such an odd encounter, and it seems as valid as the rumours originating with the infamous security guards at the arena ;)

Montreal of today isn't pressure - no where to go but up....

his problem with the Devils is he made it work before -- so in his mind, anything less is failure -- THAT is too much pressure - and being from the Montreal machine of the 70s, he thinks winning is the norm if you're doing things right. Larry sets himself an IMPOSSIBLE objective and just can't honestly understand that based on past success. goofball - you must love a guy like that!