Formal Ticket Policy Re: 1/8 vs. Lightning

bdubdevs

The Devils really had a chance to redeem themselves and show the fans something, they screwed up again.

So they are going to send season ticket holders tickets to a game they already have. If people bought tickets from a season ticket holder, they have to fight the person for the tickets. People are going to try to sell them for a profit.

For the people that put out so much money for parking/food/tickets: they and their schedules can go screw themselves... You'll be getting tickets to whatever game the Devils feel like giving you. Hope you like Columbus and St. Louis!

The jury is still out but we'll see. So far, this looks sad.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at this game and they removed the barcode from my ticket when I went in on Friday. When I returned for the game on Sunday I was told I must get a new ticket at the box office. They took my old ticket and issued me a new ticket. I am concerned they will not honor the new ticket for the free game because it looks like it was purchased Sunday. I am really hoping the Devils get this one right and do not screw fans that had the barcode removed from there original ticket.

idont get it its not like the old days,whhen they tear off 1/2 your ticket they scan it now.

idont get it its not like the old days,whhen they tear off 1/2 your ticket they scan it now.

I am not sure why they removed it either, but they did. I am guessing maybe they didn't have enough scanner. They were also purchased off of stubhub which likely means I am going to have to fight the season ticket holder to get the free tickets that are rightfully mine. The Devils definitely dropped the ball on this one. AGAIN!

The Devils really had a chance to redeem themselves and show the fans something, they screwed up again.

So they are going to send season ticket holders tickets to a game they already have. If people bought tickets from a season ticket holder, they have to fight the person for the tickets. People are going to try to sell them for a profit.

For the people that put out so much money for parking/food/tickets: they and their schedules can go screw themselves... You'll be getting tickets to whatever game the Devils feel like giving you. Hope you like Columbus and St. Louis!

The jury is still out but we'll see. So far, this looks sad.

From the site:

*If a season ticket holder sold their tickets on TicketExchange the buyer of the ticket will receive the free ticket, not the season ticket holder. If the season ticket holder sold their ticket in any other fashion, they will receive the free ticket and the actual holder of the ticket for January 8 will need to seek recourse through their means of purchase. (ie: Stubhub, agent, scalper, etc)

There isn't really much else they can do because they can't really track which STH sell their tickets to who.

From the site:

*If a season ticket holder sold their tickets on TicketExchange the buyer of the ticket will receive the free ticket, not the season ticket holder. If the season ticket holder sold their ticket in any other fashion, they will receive the free ticket and the actual holder of the ticket for January 8 will need to seek recourse through their means of purchase. (ie: Stubhub, agent, scalper, etc)

There isn't really much else they can do because they can't really track which STH sell their tickets to who.

I just got back from the thriller at MSG to this disappointment. The Devils SUCK. I am furious. I knew this would happen, and they would sh!t the bed yet AGAIN in a situation where they could finally do right by their fans. I bought my tickets on the secondary market (they were seasons) AND the numbnuts ticket-taker detached the barcode off of both tickets. This is ridiculous. Here is an IDEA: GIVE THE NEW TICKETS TO WHOEVER HAS THE FU**IN STUBS! How hard is that?!?!? I am calling the Devils tomorrow AM and they will hear it. This is beyond ridiculous.

From the site:

That's why it should be up to the person that has the actual physical ticket in-hand to exchange it for the free game.

I just got back from the thriller at MSG to this disappointment. The Devils SUCK. I am furious. I knew this would happen, and they would sh!t the bed yet AGAIN in a situation where they could finally do right by their fans. I bought my tickets on the secondary market (they were seasons) AND the numbnuts ticket-taker detached the barcode off of both tickets. This is ridiculous. Here is an IDEA: GIVE THE NEW TICKETS TO WHOEVER HAS THE FU**IN STUBS! How hard is that?!?!? I am calling the Devils tomorrow AM and they will hear it. This is beyond ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more. This is absolutely rediculous. My girlfriend got me these tickets as a christmas present and bought them off Stubhub. They were also seasons. The free tickets should go to whoever has the stub. End of story.

ThreeCups, let me know how it goes when you call the Devils tomorrow.

You think the Devils really care about secondary buyers? Of course not!!! That's one less actual sale for them. Buying from a STH, to them, is the same as buying from a scalper outside the place! Which is really just about the same thing anyway. And they tell you not to buy from scalpers. So why would they want you to buy from a STH? You, as well as everyone else from that game who are bitching and complaining, need to use your heads and realize there isn't much they can do. They're not going to satisfy everyone, and for most people here it would probably be impossible to do. With all the complaints I've read about, I have not seen anyone actually say what they think should be done. In a logical way.

They said details would be up today. Fans are bitching that nothing was posted RIGHT AWAY! I was seeing posts from the AM hours of people complaining!! People who bought from STH aren't happy because now the STH can easily screw them out of the ticket...How is that the Devils fault now? You can't select the game YOU want, so now you'll complain. Do you really expect them to say "well you were at a Southeast game...So here's a ticket for a divisional game!!" I don't know how their bar code scanners work or if they can even scan the same ticket twice...I don't see why that wouldn't work like that as it should. Maybe they don't keep track of what was scanned and what wasn't...Why would they? I don't see why an usher would have ripped the ticket either. That's probably the only thing I would agree to the Devils being called about.

I think complaining about "being left in the dark" is the biggest POS excuse ever. Please, if anyone complaining really wanted to hear "the lights are still out" be told to them every ten minutes, then you are a moron. The only thing I would agree to is that the MSG feed should have been shown on the screen. But I'm not even sure if it's set up to do that. It might be a feed directed only to the broadcast and not to the "truck". Since they weren't sure how long the lights would be out for, would it really be worth running around to try to set it up so that it would be played? Absolutely not. People seem to think that everyone was just sitting around doing nothing while the lights were out.

I'm sure this is the most frantic week for tickets sales for the Devils. I know I would hate working there right now and have to deal with all the retarded comments I've been seeing.

That's why it should be up to the person that has the actual physical ticket in-hand to exchange it for the free game.

exactly. everyone with a stub should either have to mail it in or go to the box office to exchange it. why in the world would you mail new tickets to a game that a season ticket holder already has tickets to? what benefit do they get from that? i can't believe this is the best plan they could come up with.

I am not upset about anything other then how they are issuing the free tickets. I will take tickets to any game and be happy. I just don't understand why they can't have everyone return their stub in exchange for a ticket across the board. That seems to be the fairest way to handle it.

Aside from secondary buyers. They are saying anyone who bought tickets first hand, need to bring their physical ticket to get their free ticket. Any secondary buyer bought the ticket in a way that the Devils don't condone. So why should they do anything for them? That was a loss in ticket sales for them from buying secondary. The only thing I don't get is giving a free ticket to a full STH. That is what I think they need to work on.

You think the Devils really care about secondary buyers? Of course not!!! That's one less actual sale for them. Buying from a STH, to them, is the same as buying from a scalper outside the place! Which is really just about the same thing anyway. And they tell you not to buy from scalpers. So why would they want you to buy from a STH? You, as well as everyone else from that game who are bitching and complaining, need to use your heads and realize there isn't much they can do. They're not going to satisfy everyone, and for most people here it would probably be impossible to do. With all the complaints I've read about, I have not seen anyone actually say what they think should be done. In a logical way.

They said details would be up today. Fans are bitching that nothing was posted RIGHT AWAY! I was seeing posts from the AM hours of people complaining!! People who bought from STH aren't happy because now the STH can easily screw them out of the ticket...How is that the Devils fault now? You can't select the game YOU want, so now you'll complain. Do you really expect them to say "well you were at a Southeast game...So here's a ticket for a divisional game!!" I don't know how their bar code scanners work or if they can even scan the same ticket twice...I don't see why that wouldn't work like that as it should. Maybe they don't keep track of what was scanned and what wasn't...Why would they? I don't see why an usher would have ripped the ticket either. That's probably the only thing I would agree to the Devils being called about.

I think complaining about "being left in the dark" is the biggest POS excuse ever. Please, if anyone complaining really wanted to hear "the lights are still out" be told to them every ten minutes, then you are a moron. The only thing I would agree to is that the MSG feed should have been shown on the screen. But I'm not even sure if it's set up to do that. It might be a feed directed only to the broadcast and not to the "truck". Since they weren't sure how long the lights would be out for, would it really be worth running around to try to set it up so that it would be played? Absolutely not. People seem to think that everyone was just sitting around doing nothing while the lights were out.

I'm sure this is the most frantic week for tickets sales for the Devils. I know I would hate working there right now and have to deal with all the retarded comments I've been seeing.

I do not care whether they care about secondary buyers. I am a paying customer, PERIOD! Can you read? YOU must be the moron. SEVERAL people here proposed a VERY SIMPLE solution. WHOEVER HAS THE TICKET(S) BRINGS THEM TO THE BOX OFFICE IN EXCHANGE FOR A FUTURE GAME! Common sense and very easily implemented.

Aside from secondary buyers. They are saying anyone who bought tickets first hand, need to bring their physical ticket to get their free ticket. Any secondary buyer bought the ticket in a way that the Devils don't condone. So why should they do anything for them? That was a loss in ticket sales for them from buying secondary. The only thing I don't get is giving a free ticket to a full STH. That is what I think they need to work on.

I DO NOT CARE WHETHER THEY "CONDONE" OF HOW I GOT MY TICKETS OR NOT! THEY ARE TICKETS THAT I PAID FOR! END OF STORY! You must be kidding me with the absolute bullsh!t you are posting.

I do not care whether they care about secondary buyers. I am a paying customer, PERIOD! Can you read? YOU must be the moron. SEVERAL people here proposed a VERY SIMPLE solution. WHOEVER HAS THE TICKET(S) BRINGS THEM TO THE BOX OFFICE IN EXCHANGE FOR A FUTURE GAME! Common sense and very easily implemented.

That is exactly what they said on the website. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal.

That is exactly what they said on the website. It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal.

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. The issue here is for people that bought on the "Secondary Market". If we bought season tickets from someone, we cannot bring the stubs back to the box office for a future game.

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. The issue here is for people that bought on the "Secondary Market". If we bought season tickets from someone, we cannot bring the stubs back to the box office for a future game.

That is not the Devils problem. That is between you and the person you bought the tickets from. Let me ask you this. If you bought a ticket outside from a scalper, and they were bogus. Would you be mad at the Devils or would you go outside and try to find the scalper? Give me a break.

That is not the Devils problem. That is between you and the person you bought the tickets from. Let me ask you this. If you bought a ticket outside from a scalper, and they were bogus. Would you be mad at the Devils or would you go outside and try to find the scalper? Give me a break.

How are those 2 situations IN ANY WAY analogous WHATSOEVER?!?!? Apples and baseballs. (not even as close as apples and oranges) This is a situation that can EASILY be remedied by crediting WHOEVER HAS THE TICKET(S) IN THEIR POSSESSION. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Aside from secondary buyers. They are saying anyone who bought tickets first hand, need to bring their physical ticket to get their free ticket. Any secondary buyer bought the ticket in a way that the Devils don't condone.

So the Devils reward sth's who sell tickets on StubHub and e-bay (ways they supposedly don't condone) by giving them tickets while punishing sth's who sold them on their own TicketExchange by giving them nothing? How much sense does that make?

Edited by NJDevs26

So the Devils reward sth's who sell tickets on StubHub and e-bay (ways they don't condone) by giving them tickets while punishing sth's who sold them on TicketExchange? How much sense does that make?

After the 100's of calls they will undoubtedly receive tomorrow, they will have to revisit this nonsensical "policy" of theirs regarding season tickets.

So the Devils reward sth's who sell tickets on StubHub and e-bay (ways they supposedly don't condone) by giving them tickets while punishing sth's who sold them on their own TicketExchange by giving them nothing? How much sense does that make?

If someone bought secondary, their concern should be that person they bought from. Not at all the Devils. Of course the secondary buyer SHOULD get the ticket instead of the STH, but again, they didn't buy the ticket in a way the Devils condone. I don't think it should be a reward to the STH who sold it either. But I don't think they're going to keep track of which STH went to the game, which ones sold the ticket, or which didn't even go. There will probably be STH's who didn't sell their ticket, nor go to the game, that will be getting free tickets. They probably figure it's best to give the free ticket to the STH who bought the seat in the first place. A STH would be rewarded before a regular fan any day of the week anyway. So is that really something to get pissed about? Like it's something new. You can't say "I bought my ticket from someone who wasn't the Devils" and expect the Devils to say fine you win. A STH could have went to the game, but not kept his stub. Now he doesn't get his ticket. A regular ticket buyer who didn't keep his ticket isn't getting a ticket either. (honestly who doesn't keep their tickets?) But since the STH is a STH, he is getting the ticket even without the stub. Since TicketExchange is the only way the Devils can track where that ticket really went, that is the only season ticket they are honoring.

the tickets for the lights out game rightfully belong to the sth you bought them from. that persons name is on the ticket account not yours. it's not the devils problem that you bought tickets from a sth and you are bitching that you deserve a free game due to the circumstances. the tickets rightfully belong to the person who has the sth account not the person buying them secondary. the devils do not persoanlly owe you anything those tickets are already paid for by the sth who own the account.

what were you told about personal attacks. you the one who is retarted with your nonstop rants shoving your opinions down peoples throats and posting on this site all hours of the day. do you do anything else with your life besides your postathons?

If you bought a ticket(s) from a STH, YOU are entitled to the free game tickets. It does not matter "that persons name is on the ticket account not yours". Your logic makes no sense whatsoever. So if I buy a used car from someone when it is still under manufacturer's warranty, and something goes wrong with it, does the car company owe me nothing because I am not the original purchaser? Give me a break. Not a personal attack on anyone, just a response to the insulting posts of another regarding this issue. There is no opinion here at all. It's spelled r-e-t-a-r-D-e-d not "retarted". It is past your bed time, don't let your mommy see you up on the computer! I am sure you have a long day of middle school tomorrow. Goodnight!

If you bought a ticket(s) from a STH, YOU are entitled to the free game tickets. It does not matter "that persons name is on the ticket account not yours". Your logic makes no sense whatsoever. So if I buy a used car from someone when it is still under manufacturer's warranty, and something goes wrong with it, does the car company owe me nothing because I am not the original purchaser? Give me a break. Not a personal attack on anyone, just a response to the insulting posts of another regarding this issue. There is no opinion here at all. It's spelled r-e-t-a-r-D-e-d not "retarted". It is past your bed time, don't let your mommy see you up on the computer! I am sure you have a long day of middle school tomorrow. Goodnight!

If you bought a car from someone, you would also need the deed to the car. And with that, the car dealership would owe you. But in this case, you bought the car, but not the deed. Your name is still not on that ticket account.