why kovalchuk may not be the answer.

NYCdevil

as much as i love the fact the devils got one of my favorite players, i have a feeling this may not work for them. the devils were always a great team because they didn't rely on one superstar. they played as a team and worked hard. From what i have noticed in 4 and a half periods in the kovalchuk area, the devils game isn't right. they are changing their game to accomidate one guy to play his game, and that is wrong. they have to take the weight off kovalchuk and play as a team.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He entered in a slump and he's played about 45 minutes on the ice as a Devil so far. And he's had one practice. Really, all bets are off for until AT LEAST the Olympic break, but even then, give him a chance.

The reason we're getting scored on by the Leafs/Rangers is because of crappy defense, not because we acquired Kovalchuk.

He entered in a slump and he's played about 45 minutes on the ice as a Devil so far. And he's had one practice. Really, all bets are off for until AT LEAST the Olympic break, but even then, give him a chance.

The reason we're getting scored on by the Leafs/Rangers is because of crappy defense, not because we acquired Kovalchuk.

Devils don't have a good puck mover at the moment on the backend. And it wasn't even a practice, it was a morning skate.

Proving once again that we have one of the most knowledgible and loyal fanbases in the sport.

Jl gave this team like 10 games to figure out what he thought would work...... its going to take more than 90 minutes to figure out how to meld Kovi into this team.

I understood that and my response was to what the sarcasm was implying.

In that case I agree with him to some extent. People love that we get Kovy, and then after his first loss with the time want to start pointing fingers and blame HIM for it. It is ridiculous.

Edited by ThreeCups

I think that was sarcastic....

You are right.

It just gets tiring:

1.) We got Kovi = we'll dominate = we win the cup

2.) We lose a game = trade was a bad idea.

I know that's the nature of this board, but its still frustrating.

After this last move, I don't think there's anything that we observe as fans or propose that Lou and Co. haven't examined and/or worked 3 ways from sunday from the inside out in the NJ War Room.

If we think of it - Lou thought of it 3 weeks ago.

In that case I agree with him to some extent. People love that we get Kovy, and then after his first loss with the time want to start pointing fingers and blame HIM for it. It is ridiculous.

One person did that. I don't understand how that defines a whole fan base. Plenty of people in this thread defended kovalchuk after the original post.

I actually agree 100% with DinLa in terms of judging Kovy too quickly, but I don't see how one comment represents the opinion of an entire fan base.

You are right.

It just gets tiring:

After this last move, I don't think there's anything that we observe as fans or propose that Lou and Co. haven't examined and/or worked 3 ways from sunday from the inside out in the NJ War Room.

I agree. There will be an adjustment period. But for people to blame the loss on Kovy is asinine. I hope he logs 23-25 minutes EVERY night. He is out most dangerous offensive weapon.

One person did that. I don't understand how that defines a whole fan base. Plenty of people in this thread defended kovalchuk after the original post.

I actually agree 100% with DinLa in terms of judging Kovy too quickly, but I don't see how one comment represents the opinion of an entire fan base.

I didn't say anything about the entire fan base in terms of Kovy. It just seems when everything is going well it's all good and fine, but when something goes wrong, people go into crisis/meltdown mode.

You are right.

It just gets tiring:

I'm not disagreeing that it is silly to judge Kovy after two games. I agree with you 100%. What I disagree with is you saying that one post demonstrates the lack of intelligence of entire fan base. I understood your sarcasm just fine; that's what I disagree with.

I agree. There will be an adjustment period. But for people to blame the loss on Kovy is asinine. I hope he logs 23-25 minutes EVERY night. He is out most dangerous offensive weapon.

I AGREE! I AGREE! I AGREE! I AGREE! I AGREE! I AGREE!

I didn't say anything about the entire fan base in terms of Kovy. It just seems when everything is going well it's all good and fine, but when something goes wrong, people go into crisis/meltdown mode.

DinLa made the statement about the entire fan base and you said that you agreed with him. That's what I took exception to; not the comment about Kovy. I agree with you both on that.

I was not agreeing just b/c of Kovy, from things in the past.

What? DinLA said two things:

1) People should not be so quick to judge Kovy because it has only been two games.

2) The Devils' fanbase is not knowledgeable because of the post that started this thread.

ThreeCups, you implied that you agreed with both ideas, while I have stated many times that I agree with the first but oppose the second.

Edited by devils26

In addition to the fan base comment....I will not lie, I was at the game last night. Kovy got a nice reception when he stepped onto the ice for warmups, and a decent one when he took his first shift. However...it was not what it should have been. If he went to Detroit/Chicago/Montreal/Toronto there would have been a thunderous standing ovation. I feel like many Devils fans do not appreciate/understand what Lou really did by bringing Ilya in.