The real problem

Devils Pride 26

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the system is the problem, especially with a tough team like Philly. They are going to forecheck the hell out of our weak defense while we give them no pressure with our weak one man forecheck. It's tough to run a puck possesion game when your defense is as weak as ours. In the playoffs it will be exploited.

luckily this guy wasn't around last year, otherwise Marty would've had to play through his injury.

He has all to do with benching Salvador for a period because of his involvement in Montreal's second goal, but putting Mottau and White even in PP (the former) no matter how many mistakes they make in a certain game.

• 3 weeks later...

JL's time in todays NHL is OVER!!! Time for Lou to put him out to pasture. I wasn't for this guy from the get-go. Just mention JL to a Wild fan (or Marion Gaborik for that matter) and they'll freak out in anger. Lou should've NEVER brought this guy back. Getting Kovy with this 'Defense 1st and foremost' and play 'not to lose' mentality is a total waste of talent. If JL's back next year(I don't even see us getting past Philly) Kovy's outta here. Next year so is Zach. He can't keep relying on his past days in Montreal to cover his ass, that card is played out.

As much as I like Scott Stevens ..Now is not the time. Johnnie Mac should be brought in ASAP before another team claims him.