Official 2011 New York Mets Thread

NJDevs4978

Reyes and Wright now 0-for-6. In shocking news, Reyes actually just drew a walk. And even stole a base.

Wright coming up to strike out for the third time. 0-for-4 with RISP and 2 outs this year...who would've guessed?

And of course, nothing from Captain Clutch. Again. But at least he made contact.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wright needs to be dropped in the order. We can't have him at the plate in pressure situations anymore

Will that really make much of a difference, in the grand scheme of things?

At least Pagan's making the final out saved Wright from yet another failure.

Carrasco had no business starting that 1st game. He predictably stunk (4 hits, 3 BB, 3 ER) and didn't go deep at all (3.2 IP). At least if Misch had started, you could have taken the lumps but still have gotten a good 6-7 innings. Anyway, I guess its no big deal since the bullpen wasn't really taxed outside of Parnell being used for 2 innings, but I really hope we never see Carrasco unnecessarily be used to start again; you're pretty much starting behind the 8 ball right out of the gate with that....

Edited by nmigliore

Carrasco had no business starting that 1st game. He predictably stunk (4 hits, 3 BB, 3 ER) and didn't go deep at all (3.2 IP). At least if Misch had started, you could have taken the lumps but still have gotten a good 6-7 innings. Anyway, I guess its no big deal since the bullpen wasn't really taxed outside of Parnell being used for 2 innings, but I really hope we never see Carrasco unnecessarily be used to start again; you're pretty much starting behind the 8 ball right out of the gate with that....

Agree on Carrasco, but it really doesn't seem to matter what the Mets do...nothing seems to work.

A whopping one hit in Game 2 thus far, and 1 hit in two games so far from Reyes and Wright combined. SSDD

4-11 here we come. aaaaaaaaaaand Wright strikes out again. Could you be any more predictable David?

Guess Francesca's going to have plenty more to rant about come Monday. What a bunch of gutless, heartless, spineless turds.

Thankfully I haven't seen much of either game, but I'm not surprised. Carrasco starting I hated from the beginning and Pelfrey is not good away from Citi. Still, I thought we might manage 1. So much for that. Bleh.

That's what sucks. It'd be nice if these zilches JUST ONCE managed to surprise. Instead they did exactly what everyone thought they would. Nothing.

Collins is starting to wear on me already...lots of stupid mistakes. Pitching to Tulo the other day and a few others that have slipped my mind.

Today with a man on 1st and 0 outs he bunts pagan to get to Willie Harris who is promptly frozen on a curveball. Why would you bunt anybody into scoring position to get to Willie Harris?

Then with Thole on 1st, 0 outs and a run in. 3-2 pitch to David Wright THOLE RUNS(WTF?) Wright strikes out as usual and Thole is a dead duck at 2nd. Totally killed the inning.

Thole has what? Average speed at best. But let Wright strike out and leave it up to Beltran to maybe put something in the gap and get him home.

And now the fool BUNTS PAGAN AGAIN with Davis on 2nd (leaing a bit too far off of 2nd of course)

Pagan pops it up to the pitcher who rifles it back to 2nd and gets Davis.

I mean give me a break...this is baseball insanity! Let Pagan swing the bat, it's a slow start stop acting like this guy is a career .190 hitter (which is right around what Harris hit last season)

Collins is thoroughly incompetent. He's worse than Manuel.

And here he goes pulling Gee too early (who was terrific, but 88 pitches? c'mon) to bring in Capuano. Surprise surprise Chipper comes up from the right side of the plate. Collins thoroughly outmanaged...we're very fortunate he didn't make it 4-3 with one swing of the bat.

Edited by '7'

Collins is starting to wear on me already...lots of stupid mistakes. Pitching to Tulo the other day and a few others that have slipped my mind.

Today with a man on 1st and 0 outs he bunts pagan to get to Willie Harris who is promptly frozen on a curveball. Why would you bunt anybody into scoring position to get to Willie Harris?

Then with Thole on 1st, 0 outs and a run in. 3-2 pitch to David Wright THOLE RUNS(WTF?) Wright strikes out as usual and Thole is a dead duck at 2nd. Totally killed the inning.

Thole has what? Average speed at best. But let Wright strike out and leave it up to Beltran to maybe put something in the gap and get him home.

I wouldn't let Collins bother you too much...he's a stopgap until the team gets made over. Every league has their share of "caretaker" types. I don't think the Mets envision Collins as the guy to take them to greener pastures.

Wright's best years are behind him...it's sad how much he strikes out now. I have zero confidence in him when he comes up.

Decent outing by Niese...got it together after a rough start.

Wandy Rodriguez comes in with a 7 era, pitching terribly...does the Mets talented lineupe take advantage? No through 6 innings we look as dead as ever with 1 hit.

let's see some life! Our offense should be a lot better than this (but I've been saying this since last season)

Terry Collins pinch-hitting Chin-Lung Hu in a big spot. Are you kidding? I don't give a sh!t if Harris or Murphy are lefties; Hu is the definition of an all-glove/no-bat player. Ugh.

I'd love to hear Gary, Keith and ron talk about this bonehead move during the commercial break...ah to be a fly on the wall.

Hu looked like a pitcher up there. That was a stupid stupid move

Collins is just not very smart. This was a AWFUL hire

I'd love to hear Gary, Keith and ron talk about this bonehead move during the commercial break...ah to be a fly on the wall.

Hu looked like a pitcher up there. That was a stupid stupid move

Collins is just not very smart. This was a AWFUL hire

Again, Collins is not the future here...he's a warm body. I agree, it's not hard to see why he didn't get another managerial position until now.

Citi's going to be host to 10k or less most nights...5k of which will be on line at the Shake Shack. Damn this team sucks.

Up comes Kaptain K...Eddings might as well admit "I'm cold and tired and want to go home" on that call. Watch Beltran hit another homer here...it's his time to shine.

and when I see Harris hit a double followed by a well struck Murphy hr...I think "was Hu really a better option last night to PH" yes even though it was against a lefty.

How the hell does Carlos Lee just close his eyes, throw his glove into the air and catch that ball? Only against the Mets does that fat cow make that catch.