Kovy Signing With Rangers Is Distinct Possibility

Daniel

What kind of statement is this?

I'm not one to beat the LA drum, even with friends, its a place to live...

But having lived and worked in both cities for years - neither is "better" than the other - or has more personality.

They are completely different entities in the way they are topographically set-up, life, socio-demogrphics, and the lot.

IF you're going to make that bold a statement and try to come off objective - then I would have hoped that one had lived in both cities for perspective.

Is that the case?

I know this (back on point to the original discussion). LA is awaiting its hockey "face" player since Wayne.

Its got the face of basketball - Koby, Its now got its baseball star - Manny.

All that is left is someone on that level to represent hockey - that's why I say Kovy has a lot of drawing power financially/marketing wise to Lomabrdi.

To say there are no King fans is also a joke (especially when asking a Sharks fan - its 6 hours away!). There are as many die-hards here since the Forum days as there were in the old CAA or Byrne. Add to that every celeb with season tickets and there are more than you think.

The only obvious shot is the "culture" of hockey as a 4th place sport behind, basketball, baseball, and college football. But it is growing.

Dude, I think it was a pretty innocuous statement on my part. I've been to LA (spending a lot of my time in Pasadena), and actually enjoyed it. But it just seems to me that there are a lot of transplants there, and that things are a bit too spread out there for my taste.

My main point was that, however much one might want to say that my city rocks and yours sucks, I think it will figure at the bottom of Kovy's travel plans.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To say there are no King fans is also a joke (especially when asking a Sharks fan - its 6 hours away!). There are as many die-hards here since the Forum days as there were in the old CAA or Byrne. Add to that every celeb with season tickets and there are more than you think.

The only obvious shot is the "culture" of hockey as a 4th place sport behind, basketball, baseball, and college football. But it is growing.

Well, there is always a core group, but it was never that huge in popularity- not even in the "glory days". It's been supposedly "growing" for 30 years. And the old Forum was not necessarily anyone wanted to go. BTW, I grew up in SoCal.

Brian would vouch for that since he is still there. I might finally go to cover the Draft in June. However, why do New Jersey people find it necessary to take shots at New York? It's a wonderful city. How I wish I lived there instead of on the outskirts. I'll never get the anger and jealousy that our sister state has.

Derek, I don't hate nyc because I live in NJ. My entire family is from nyc and I was born there and lived there until I was 8 yrs old. I don't like nyc because I like other cities much better. IMO nyc is not a wonderful city but an overrated city.

What team is going to want to take on a mediocre player for around 7 million? Rosival is possible, but wont free up enough. Plus, i left out Girardi, who will make 1.5 to 2.

Again, if you're referring to Redden, the Rangers have the option of sending him down to Hartford indefinitely, and taking his salary off the cap, subject to some technical restrictions that I'm not that familiar with.

I think if the Rangers were looking to move him to the minors, they would have done so by now......

Perhaps. Although that can change when the prospect of signing an all-world player is staring you in the face. It also might change if a new GM takes over.

With Kovie's wife moving to NJ after there baby is born I'm hoping that means there is at least a chance he will sign on with the Devils. If we could lose Zubies and Pando's salaries we would be set!

Guys I know from a very good source that Pando thinks the Devils are going to try and get rid of him after the season.

I also heard from the same source the Madden wants to come back to NJ next year and he is currently building a 5.6 million dollar house in NJ and he plans to live in NJ after he retires

Lou has also expressed that Madden may be brought back again. And I also think it's true. We will be in need for a center because either Neidermayer and/or McAmmond won't be back next year.