Atlantic City Devils Games Schedule Out

LousBallsack

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_sports/hockey/082410_Devils_top_farm_team_to_play_5_games_in_AC.html

Tickets start at $70 for 5 games.

$14 for the worst seats at Boardwalk Hall, which has pretty awful sightlines seems awfully pricey.

Also - going up against two football Sundays - not terribly bright.

Dec 5th - Giants at Home, Jets play Sunday night

Dec 12th - Jets at Home at 4.

Not to mention this is prime Christmas shopping season.

Add in the fact that they shifted a Phantoms game that probably would've been a good draw in Albany down to AC. At least there's no Eagles game that Sunday.

Edited by LousBallsack

I'll prob try to make it to the Phantoms game with the gf..

I actually did a job there this past spring as a runner (bitch boy) for the HBO producer of the middleweight world championship fight.. Got to sit ringside for the fight and I know all the ins and outs of the place

I'll prob try to make it to the Phantoms game with the gf..

I actually did a job there this past spring as a runner (bitch boy) for the HBO producer of the middleweight world championship fight.. Got to sit ringside for the fight and I know all the ins and outs of the place

The Pavlik fight?

I think this is idiotic.

Trenton loses a home game. We're full season ticket holders. Our options are a refund, trading the ticket for an extra one to another game, or something undetermined about the AC game - but not a free ticket to it. And it may be more expensive than the games in Trenton.

Awesome, just a brilliant job. Obviously makes no sense to try to get Albany into Trenton for a game to give us ECHL slobs a look at AHL hockey & our graduates who are still with the team.

I think this is idiotic.

Trenton loses a home game. We're full season ticket holders. Our options are a refund, trading the ticket for an extra one to another game, or something undetermined about the AC game - but not a free ticket to it. And it may be more expensive than the games in Trenton.

Awesome, just a brilliant job. Obviously makes no sense to try to get Albany into Trenton for a game to give us ECHL slobs a look at AHL hockey & our graduates who are still with the team.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2010-2011 Trenton Devils!

funny thing is the front office gets screwed again by Newark by having to call STH's without knowing the intel on AC tickets - as in how much we'll have to pay for a ticket to a game we've already paid for. And in a place that I've heard is a bad hockey barn - somewhere that successful on ice hockey failed in the stands already.

Oh, and it's Flyer country too.

Albany fans really get the shaft though, and the team hasn't even skated there yet.

funny thing is the front office gets screwed again by Newark by having to call STH's without knowing the intel on AC tickets - as in how much we'll have to pay for a ticket to a game we've already paid for. And in a place that I've heard is a bad hockey barn - somewhere that successful on ice hockey failed in the stands already.

Oh, and it's Flyer country too.

Albany fans really get the shaft though, and the team hasn't even skated there yet.

Boardwalk Hall is a beautiful venue - the rehab they did is amazing. However - it's an awful place to see a hockey game. Essentially they built a horseshoe set of bleachers inside the old hall. The sightlines are brutal and the pitch of the seats is too low.

But aside from that, the Bullies were a dominant team in the ECHL for four years and played in front of thousands of fans dressed as empty teal seats.

The rivalry between Trenton and AC was tremendous - yet another great part of Trenton hockey that went by the wayside before the Devils rode into town.

This will be different the town will be painted red and rolling out the logo will be enough to draw in the masses just you wait and see.

You can hear a mouse fart echo throughout the place during the games. I wonder if the Albany faithful are enjoying this "we're back" welcome message. I wonder if they're getting the same phone call today saying - we'll get back to you on how we're going to handle the taking the four games away that you have already paid for. Maybe they'll throw in 2 free preseason games and call it even. That would be par for the course.

This will be different the town will be painted red and rolling out the logo will be enough to draw in the masses just you wait and see.

You can hear a mouse fart echo throughout the place during the games. I wonder if the Albany faithful are enjoying this "we're back" welcome message. I wonder if they're getting the same phone call today saying - we'll get back to you on how we're going to handle the taking the four games away that you have already paid for. Maybe they'll throw in 2 free preseason games and call it even. That would be par for the course.

Would you folks like some cheese with your whine? Like it or not, this has become a common practice since the lockout. Albany's not the only AHL team to play home-away-from-home games this year. I don't know how prevalent the practice is in the ECHL, but I wouldn't be surprised if Trenton's not the only team in that league to have a game moved elsewhere. Bottom line, deal with it.

Also, Albany fans have known since almost Day 1 that there would be 4 games in Atlantic City. Only the Trenton game was a recent change. This was accounted for in the season ticket pricing, but of course there was massive whining anyway, not only because of the loss of 4 home games, but because the price went up. Bunch of cheapskates don't realize -- or don't care -- that the previous owner lost tons of money year after year while maintaining some of the least expensive ticket prices in the league. All they see is the single-A baseball team across the river where all tickets are between 5 and 10 bucks and they wonder why the hockey tickets are so much more expensive. And even with the price increase, Albany Devils tickets are still pretty reasonably priced when compared to most other teams in the league. Damn "Smallbany" attitute. <_<

Would you folks like some cheese with your whine? Like it or not, this has become a common practice since the lockout. Albany's not the only AHL team to play home-away-from-home games this year. I don't know how prevalent the practice is in the ECHL, but I wouldn't be surprised if Trenton's not the only team in that league to have a game moved elsewhere. Bottom line, deal with it.

Also, Albany fans have known since almost Day 1 that there would be 4 games in Atlantic City. Only the Trenton game was a recent change. This was accounted for in the season ticket pricing, but of course there was massive whining anyway, not only because of the loss of 4 home games, but because the price went up. Bunch of cheapskates don't realize -- or don't care -- that the previous owner lost tons of money year after year while maintaining some of the least expensive ticket prices in the league. All they see is the single-A baseball team across the river where all tickets are between 5 and 10 bucks and they wonder why the hockey tickets are so much more expensive. And even with the price increase, Albany Devils tickets are still pretty reasonably priced when compared to most other teams in the league. Damn "Smallbany" attitute. <_<

you should probably get used to the complaining, that's all the trenton fans ever do.

you should probably get used to the complaining, that's all the trenton fans ever do.

Not all Trenton fans, just the same 3 or so. If you notice its always the same few and the complaint is always the same. Watch the response will come now about kool aid drinking, happy with attendance, Lou is screwing Trenton, the Devils will be blamed for all arena issues blah blah blah. One of them has his own Trenton hockey forum where all the same people reside and slam all Trenton Devils and Devils issues. Even bought the domain name Albanydevils.com. Type it in and it goes to this forum. Messing with the devil I guess. Check out the Albany logo on this site and it will look familiar.

Sorry, just tired of all the negativity sometimes. With all the defects in the way the minor league teams are run, I am glad to be a T-Devils (and formerly Titans) season ticket holder and they have a 10 year lease. Got to see people pass thru Trenton to the NHL, got to see Leblond rampage thru the ECHL, not all bad.

Not all Trenton fans, just the same 3 or so. If you notice its always the same few and the complaint is always the same. Watch the response will come now about kool aid drinking, happy with attendance, Lou is screwing Trenton, the Devils will be blamed for all arena issues blah blah blah.

Keep drinking the kool aid if you're happy with the attendance in Trenton, which Lou is screwing with.

Not sure anyone has any problems with the arena - there's no lines to get a beer or go to the bathroom, and getting out of the parking lots is a breeze!

One of them has his own Trenton hockey forum where all the same people reside and slam all Trenton Devils and Devils issues. Even bought the domain name Albanydevils.com. Type it in and it goes to this forum. Messing with the devil I guess. Check out the Albany logo on this site and it will look familiar.

Guilty - that's some great sleuthing. Best $9 I'll spend all year - traffic on that board hasn't been this high in years. Screw the Devils? That's a bit immature for someone to do, don't you think?

Edited by LousBallsack

Keep drinking the kool aid if you're happy with the attendance in Trenton, which Lou is screwing with.

Not sure anyone has any problems with the arena - there's no lines to get a beer or go to the bathroom, and getting out of the parking lots is a breeze!

Guilty - that's some great sleuthing. Best $9 I'll spend all year - traffic on that board hasn't been this high in years. Screw the Devils? That's a bit immature for someone to do, don't you think?

See, exactly as I said, first the attack of drinking kool aid then the attendance blah blah blah, so predictable. As for being a bit immature, hit the nail right on the head too. Gotta love it.

See, exactly as I said, first the attack of drinking kool aid then the attendance blah blah blah, so predictable. As for being a bit immature, hit the nail right on the head too. Gotta love it.

Clearly I have to lay my sarcasm on thicker next time. I guess just rehashing exactly what you said we'd say wasn't obvious enough.

I pay for season tickets and have seen what's happened down here. It certainly started prior to the Devils buying the team (replacing a Kelly Cup winning coach with a hack possessing a .280 winning percentage? Yup!)but it would be accurate to say the tide has not been stemmed. Taking a home game and sticking in in AC just is not the answer - they've already proven they're not adept in building a fanbase in a Flyer stronghold when they have an arena great for hockey. I guess I just don't get the point.