GETTIN AUTOGRAPHS?

tree

I was wondering I know players do autograph signings/shows. But after the game you go out on side of building and wait for them right? Side without the devils den right? How long does it take for the players to come out? Do they walk right up to the railing and sign stuff? The away team comes out same door? I was really just wondering thanxs!

Yes you can wait for players after games behind a barricade by the parking garage where the players park. Its been a hit or miss we me after games. Typical guys like Fraser, Pelley, Zurbus stopped for me. Got Parise before the game on Columbus Day. Its a crapshoot if the betetr players stop.

Yeah they come out on Devils Way between the Prudential Center and the VIP parking garage, but the signatures are not as good as if you were going to a players signing. They sign it differently there after the games and it looks sloppy and sh!tty from what I see. Players tend to sign a real good one when you go to the signings, which is a lot better.

Getting autographs after and before the games is easy and very fun to do. Most of the players stop and try to sign for everyone and they will take photos and talk with the fans. The autographs are very genuine and look nice on anything you have signed.... Much better than paying 25-55 dollars/per signing at the signings.....

definitley recommend everyone get autographs this way instead of attending the signings.

Getting autographs after and before the games is easy and very fun to do.

Agreed.

Most of the players stop and try to sign for everyone and they will take photos and talk with the fans.

Agreed....to a point. They were more prone to do this at SMA then at the Rock. It's hit or miss at the Rock and it's not 100% of the time.

The autographs are very genuine and look nice on anything you have signed.... Much better than paying 25-55 dollars/per signing at the signings.....

Disagree.

I like getting a full Brodeur sig, not an "MB". I also like auto's that aren't rushed and sloppy when players are trying to sign for everyone who have no manners or people slinging around sharpies nicking clothing in 20 degree (or less) nights.

The auto's you recieve at signings are much better, IMO. I prefer spending a reasonable fee for bold, crisp auto on an item like a GU stick or 16x20. Last thing i want on those items are rushed, sloppy sigs.

definitley recommend everyone get autographs this way instead of attending the signings.

Disagree.

The items i prefer to get autographed make it impossible for me to bring to a game and get signed afterwards. If i want pucks signed, i'll get them at the Gold Circle event.

When they practiced at SMA i got hundreds of free autographs since 1987, but that's no more so pay signings (again at a reasonable rate) work great for me.

Edited by SJP20

Most of the players stop and try to sign for everyone and they will take photos and talk with the fans.

This is bullsh!t.

On any given night MOST of the players don't stop. The few times I've done this the best I got was 5 players. And the players were rushed. They didn't stop to talk, they zipped through the line as fast as possible.

While I agree the crap shoot of which players come out to sign and whatever interaction you can get out of them is fun. The balance of your statement is BS.

Edited by mac760

The items i prefer to get autographed make it impossible for me to bring to a game and get signed afterwards. If i want pucks signed, i'll get them at the Gold Circle event.

When they practiced at SMA i got hundreds of free autographs since 1987, but that's no more so pay signings (again at a reasonable rate) work great for me.

The SMA was awesome to view practices and get autographs.

Players after the games are just looking to get home so they rush their signatures. When at a signing, you can exchange a few words, get a nice auto on something like a stick that you may not want to lug around while going to games and can even snap a good picture if allowed.

As long as the prices are reasonable, I would gladly fork the money up to go to an signing then wait around after the game and it can either be a hit or miss.

Agree with all the above. I perfer actual signings and am dying to hear when the Gold Circle Event will be this year.

I will say that Parise has always given his his best signature. Maybe I got lucky but he has been consistant.

I can't stand the free Marty "MB" sign. You nailed that on the head Ken. I have an 8x10 that he ruined with that and my buddy had his jersey ruined when he signed the back like that. That is why I am pretty excited about going to the pay event for Marty. I have 3 16x20's that are gorgeous and I would freak if he ruined it with his free "MB" sig.

My best exeprience at the Rock has been a day last season in March when I took a day off and went to a practice. Only a handful of people are there and they didn't seem rushed. Kovy was pretty cool stopping. After game, Mac is right, it seems to be the same few guys. Hit or miss.

For what it's worth, and I know it's very early, but I would love an opportunity to go to the Gold Circle event this year if anyone has tickets to spare. I never find out the date until the day before and by then I can never find anyone with spares. I have never sold a single autograph and don't plan on starting now (if you're worried about someone using your tickets for monetary gain).

Players after the games are just looking to get home so they rush their signatures. When at a signing, you can exchange a few words, get a nice auto on something like a stick that you may not want to lug around while going to games and can even snap a good picture if allowed.

As long as the prices are reasonable, I would gladly fork the money up to go to an signing then wait around after the game and it can either be a hit or miss.

Agree with you.

You cannot beat going to a signing. It is worth the time and the money to get the signature done right and talk to that player the entire night. Waiting outside for a sh!tty signature is not worth anything and they do not sign the same way as they would in a paid signing event. I have seen many signatures on jerseys and they are very sloppy and sh!tty and I know they are from waiting outside before and after the games. Just not worth it. Better off going to the event signings when you know its done right and with the COA at some of these events.

As someone who doesn't own a car, getting autos at the Rock is fine by me. Most of the Devil player signings are in spots that has no public trans for me to get to. So, if I can land a Brodeur auto, rushed as it it, at the arena, I'll take it..

Mike

There are many people on this site that go to the signings, and if you are on the way or are able to find a ride to a spot like a mall or something, many of them will gladly let you tag along Mike.

If you are a collector like myself, paying 20 or even 100 for Marty is worth it. Getting a Team Canada or Home Brodeur jersey and being able to actually shake his hand and take a picture with him along with the COA, it becomes priceless.

Yes, I am a collector and Marty's my all time favorite player. I took the day off a couple of years ago to go see him when he was doing a free signing at the NHL Store. He was only signing a 5x7 card, but it was a free Marty auto and one I cherish. The fact that I got to talk to him for 3 seconds and shake his jhand was a thrill for me. I wanted to go see him at the Last Licks at Rye Brook this past week and get a puck signed, but the cash wasn't there. I do need to try and head over to the Elias signing. I have a GU stick and a poster of the 2002 Cup team I need him to sign.

Mike

Last Saturday, just for kicks I went out back after the horrific game and waited to see who I could get signatures from. I got a few pucks with me (6) and waited. First Langs came out, got a puck signed by him, then Andy Greene, Clarkson, Taormina, Pelly, Moose, Tallinder, Mair, and a few other lower on the pole dudes came out and were more then happy to sign.

It was worth it. I was there till about 11 waiting around as they came out randomly. Most of them got in their cars drove up parked and got out.

Well worth it. Its alot more organized at the Rock then at CAA. First time I did it at the rock. Deff doing it again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.