Volchenkov ETA?

3Rings4NJ

Coming into the season I thought Volchenkov would be just as big of a key to the season as getting Kovalchuk would be, he isn't the only reason we are struggling, but sure is a piece of the puzzle.

What is his estimated time of return? He had a broken nose, correct? Was it an extra serious one or something?

I think the last update is that he should start skating soon but he isn't initially traveling with the team for the trip. Whether that means he won't play any of the games on the trip or there may be an option for him to meet the team during the trip I don't know.

He has a broken nose and a stiff neck apparently. He saw the teams doctor Tuesday afternoon and still remains "status quo" -Lou

He has begun working out off ice though.

I do know, from back in highschool, I pulled a neck muscle during the hockey season and couldnt even turn to look either way. My head was cocked to the side and I couldnt even straighten in. So if that is anything like A-Train has, I fully understand why a stiff neck would keep you out for this amount of time.

I would say hell be back around mid November if not sooner.

Lamoriello on Volchenkov: “He felt pretty good. He was working out off the ice. He’s been getting back in shape, so we’ll see.”

half a minute ago via TweetDeck

Devils D Anton Volchenkov (stiff neck, broken nose) has skated the last two days in NJ -- his first times on the ice since Oct. 9.

4 minutes ago via TweetDec

http://twitter.com/TGfireandice

That's great it takes three days to find out he's skating. It was probably at 3 am with police surrounding the building.

TG also thinks he could join the Devils out West.

I'm going to bother him now til he tells us he has no idea where Zharkov is and he'll try to find out and then tell us weeks later.