Rags-Flyers game

Weekes Head

Just from looking at the top scorers for the West, I can put together an awesome West forward corps...

LW - Naslund, Tanguay, Thachuk, Nagy

C - Sakic, Datsyuk, Doan, Weight (or Demitra)

RW - Bertuzzi, Iginla, Hull, Gaborik (left out Hedjuk cause Steve Levy just hinted an Av player got shafted; I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hedjuk to get Gaborik in the game)

Even if there's no Hedjuk, sheesh what an awesome display of talent :blink:

the only way i can make sense of it was that messier had a good start this season, philly for the most part has been leading the atlantic, clement just said the flyers feel primeau is their MVP, and roberts..well i have no idea where that came from

I watched the last half of this game and wow, STILL surprises me how bad a team can play when it's made up of Messier, Holik, Kovy, Lindros (even tho he didn't play), Carter, Leetch, and Nedved.

Stupid penalties, bad goaltending, bad defense by the Rag$ = a smile on my face!

And they did all 3 of those tonight.

The game tonight was embarrassing to be at. This was worse than last year's playoff elimination. They didn't even compete tonight. Hence, the only player who showed up was Carter and he's still in my doghouse. The third period, they just went through the motions. The crowd was dead. They have done the impossible. Made going to a Ranger game a chore. Nobody cares anymore as evidenced by the silence.

One thing... Flyer fans acted like a bunch of @-holes too. These idiots acted like they owned the place. They're all punks. Every one of them. Even saw morons getting up during play egging on Ranger fans. It was bushleague. These fans just proved what most of us knew already. That Philly fans are the biggest pieces of garbage. It was embarrassing. I'm sure you've encountered this sort of immature behavior at Devil home games from these same idiots. And well, it spoke for itself.

Like I said to these asses standing up acting like retards. Their team will be out after one round watching the Cup on TV just like the rest of us. F them!!!!!!! I hope they never see their team win sh!t. They are now #1 on my most hated list.

Two comments on the AS team:

Messier deserved his selection. He has busted his ass all year long. I got no problem with him going.

Primeau is the MVP of the Flyers. Yes, Cement Clement got one right. It's not always about goals and points. But about intangibles. Just take tonight's game for example. Primeau was the best player on the ice. He neutralized whatever line he faced and chipped in with two assists. This guy has turned himself into one of the better two-way centers in the league. Want more proof of what the Flyer Captain means to his team? The Flyers haven't won a game w/o him. I think it's 0-6 or 0-7 and maybe a tie. Since he returned, they kicked Toronto around twice and beat up the Rangers. I don't think that's a coincidence. Maybe he's not an All-Star based on the stats. But he means a lot to his team.

What's the big deal anyway? The AS Game isn't what it used to be. I'd much rather watch the Young Stars game.

Primeau is the MVP of the Flyers. Yes, Cement Clement got one right. It's not always about goals and points. But about intangibles. Just take tonight's game for example. Primeau was the best player on the ice. He neutralized whatever line he faced and chipped in with two assists. This guy has turned himself into one of the better two-way centers in the league. Want more proof of what the Flyer Captain means to his team? The Flyers haven't won a game w/o him. I think it's 0-6 or 0-7 and maybe a tie. Since he returned, they kicked Toronto around twice and beat up the Rangers. I don't think that's a coincidence. Maybe he's not an All-Star based on the stats. But he means a lot to his team.

What's the big deal anyway? The AS Game isn't what it used to be. I'd much rather watch the Young Stars game.

Sergei Brylin has great intangibles too (and better numbers than Primeau); that doesn't mean he should be in the All-Star Game. The All-Star Game should be just what it says, ALL STARS - it's for the players having the best years and in a case or two (like with Cro-Mag) for the most recognizable players.

The Primeau and Roberts selections smack of coaching bias as neither is particularly a recognizable name and they're having okay years but certainly not All-Star caliber.

To me, the only thing that's really mattered is the selection of the All-Star teams, not the actual game itself. The only All-Star game (in any sport) I've ever watched from start to finish was last year's.

Derek, what I don't understand is why no Ranger even reacted when the Flyers ran Dunham.

When the Halpern ran Schwabbie in the Caps game Nieds went ballistic, and the whole Devs team pulled together to kill off the ensuing 5-3.

Doesn't anyone on that team except Lindros care? Or shouldn't I bother to ask???

I'll make no bones about it, I HATE THE RANGERS! I wish they'd just evaporate into oblivion, I know they've been doing that every April for six years running now, but I wish they'd go away forever. They disgrace the game of hockey. That said the Flyers are right there beside them. I never want the Rags to win but I did last night and they stunk up the ice. They just don't have a team mentalilty.

I heard on MSG that Carter could be one of the players in the Jagr trade. I'm probably the only one, but I wouldn't mind him in a Devils' sweater. I thought he played a helluva game in Edmonton and if he was on a TEAM, he be an asset. JMHO. B)

Derek, what I don't understand is why no Ranger even reacted when the Flyers ran Dunham.

When the Halpern ran Schwabbie in the Caps game Nieds went ballistic, and the whole Devs team pulled together to kill off the ensuing 5-3.

Doesn't anyone on that team except Lindros care?  Or shouldn't I bother to ask???

Because it shouldn't have been a penalty Sue. Simon threw LeClair into Dunham. I could see it from where I sat. And yeah, nobody cares. At least that's how it looked. Carter tried hard. Anyway, it's not gonna matter anymore if this deal goes down.