Teams that need to go.

oofrostonoo

I'm really sick of the contraction arguments. The talent pool is so much bigger than it ever was in the past. No longer do teams carry 5 guys who could hardly skate but were great at beating the snot out of someone. Christ, even domi can score now a days, so don't tell me that the league would be so much better if it were only 12 or 20 teams.

The AHL would be a ton better, as basically the entire devils roster except marty, stevens, neids and elias would be playing in albany, as would guys like peca, mccauly, the primeu brothers, probably the sedin twins, stu barnes, mike ricci, etc.

Every team in the league, all 12 or 15 or 20 of them would basically be Detroit, with a better goaltender, and minus mccarty, draper, maltby and a couple of the other grinders, but add back say elias, kovulchuk and heetly in their places. Or picture colorado with marty in net, stevens and blake on the blue line, lop off their fouth line and put naslund, iginla and bertuzzi out there. That's what the teams would look like, and with coaches like jaques martin, pat burns and jacques lemaire, they'd still be playing one goal games because the ice surface is only so big and there'd be no room for any of these monster sized guys to move around in.

Oh, I laughed patty. Why? Because it's a funny idea that Clown came up with as well ;) .

Heres my plan: Move a team, lets say the Sabres, to Mexico City....trade Satan, and whoever else they want to NJ for Gomez and $....then trade all the other players in the Sabres roster for $...then start tryouts...have Mexico City and Mexico residents make the team...play those players in pesos...they wont mind, because they will be so happy to get any form of $....even if the team goes 3-77-4 who cares, you collect gate from the road games and merchandising will be good...jersey can have a burrito on skates to something to that effect...the cost of runninng the team will be minimal...it can be a gold mine!!!

No team made up of scabs from Mexico City is winning 3 games. They would be a guaranteed 0-82 and would probably give up 1500-2000 goals, if not more. I guess that would be fun to watch. Now that I think about it, Bettman would definetely go for it since it cures the NHL's goal scoring woes.

Atlanta, Nashville, Pittsburgh, NYI, Carolina, and Anaheim. Jason.....don't forget that no matter what the Devils attendance is, it is where it is at an average of $52 a ticket. How many people would go to a game in Buffalo at that price even if the team was good? In all your posts you just come off as a closet Devil hater. Go root for the Leafs or something....

Atlanta, Nashville, Pittsburgh, NYI, Carolina, and Anaheim. Jason.....don't forget that no matter what the Devils attendance is, it is where it is at an average of $52 a ticket. How many people would go to a game in Buffalo at that price even if the team was good? In all your posts you just come off as a closet Devil hater. Go root for the Leafs or something....

I really doubt the Isles would be contracted before the Devils.

Sammy...........why is that??????? Is their attendance better? How is their building? What have they done in this league since the 80's?

Percentage-wise their attendance might be better, not sure. Only because they have a smaller building. The building itself is no better than CAA...except for some of the fancy upgrades Wang & Kumar gave it. Anyways, I think their ownership is a lot more stable than the Devils, and don't want the team to leave Long Island.

Don.........I didn't tell him to leave the board. I'm just saying he should come out of the closet and proclaim himself to be the Domi/Tucker lover that he is.

Thats why I wrote for the devils at HF for a period, post on HF, NJDEVS, devilsrule, hockeytraderumors and fhockey as a devils fan. Been approached by many sites to write for the devils. I have all cup winning games on tape. Am inculded as on of the writers to help with the devils rankings and top 20 writup. Have three devils jersey's, 4 devils's hats, about 10 Brodeur posters, 3 cup winning posters, boxers with devils on them........Yes I am a Leafs fan....happy

PS: I actually am a huge Tucker fan :)