GDT: NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ BUFFALO SABRES (7PM ET)

Tedenby21

Went to the game in Buffalo, it wasn't a bad place. There was really good food around the arena and the area gets buzzing around game time. People there love their hockey and seem to know what they are talking about. I wish more NJ fans were like that...there were only a few lame things that I heard but I guess it's part of being the away fan.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemaire did an outstanding job saving this season, and I am thankful for it. If he really wants to come back next season, I would welcome him back.

But let's be real. Part of the reason the Devils won as many games as they did the second half of the season is because they were in full-out playoff mode two months earlier than the rest of the league. Once every other team got into playoff mode, the good teams were just as good as the Devs or better.

+1. Lemaire did save the season and gave it respectability. In playoff mode, the Devils are better than the good teams as well. We did, after all, lose to the Sens and eke out wins against the Thrashers/Isles, but we are much better than those teams. Look at how we beat the Canadiens, it was probably the only full game we played. The issue, as I mention, is Lemaire's style of play. He doesn't hold players accountable for bad play in the offensive zone, so players get comfy playing D and once that mindset sticks, all games become playoff type games. No one gets benched for playing terrible in the offensive zone. Another thing, anyone see the assist pass Ovie made across the ice where the Caps scored? I haven't seen the Devils making such a pass in a long time, except the PP maybe. This team needs an offensive minded coach who holds players accountable on both sides of the ice, and that is what I want to see. JL has proved himself to be a master motivator. He did bring the best out in the team until the Detroit game. After that loss, the Devils focused too much on this playoff style hockey and started eking out wins.

+1. Lemaire did save the season and gave it respectability. In playoff mode, the Devils are better than the good teams as well. We did, after all, lose to the Sens and eke out wins against the Thrashers/Isles, but we are much better than those teams. Look at how we beat the Canadiens, it was probably the only full game we played. The issue, as I mention, is Lemaire's style of play. He doesn't hold players accountable for bad play in the offensive zone, so players get comfy playing D and once that mindset sticks, all games become playoff type games. No one gets benched for playing terrible in the offensive zone. Another thing, anyone see the assist pass Ovie made across the ice where the Caps scored? I haven't seen the Devils making such a pass in a long time, except the PP maybe. This team needs an offensive minded coach who holds players accountable on both sides of the ice, and that is what I want to see. JL has proved himself to be a master motivator. He did bring the best out in the team until the Detroit game. After that loss, the Devils focused too much on this playoff style hockey and started eking out wins.

Haviland should be coaching this team next year.

No one gets benched for playing terrible in the offensive zone.

And who exactly are we supposed to bench anyone for that's going to add something to the offense, Adam Mair? Vladimir Zharkov? Does anyone anywhere really get benched for 'playing terrible in the offensive zone'? Not unless someone's being a puckhog perhaps, or they are terrible in the offensive zone period. Jarome Iginla's not getting benched if he doesn't score in five straight games, that seems to be what you want.

Again, what more are the Devils supposed to do on offense besides score? They get the majority of the chances most games. Scoring's been a problem under two coaches, it's personnel people. The only thing you can really get on Lemaire for is the power play, but how many other teams have to start with five forwards because none of their D can lead a rush?