Top Reasons to be a Devils Fan

truejabber

So I have a friend who lives in NJ, but she is a Flyers fan. I want to send her a compelling list of reasons to leave the Dark Side and become a Devils fan. Oh, and while "Flyers suck" is true, it is something most Flyers fans are likely desensitized to already. Thanks!

Well... if it's the actual game of hockey you love then I don't see how you can be anything but a Devils fan. Unless of course you enjoying slamming your head against the wall with just unimaginable logic-defying poor hockey choices.

Lou's poor choices - there is always a strong hockey logic behind them. If they fail - you know - it made sense within the particular given circumstances. And the particular given circumstances came about mostly because the team was too good for too long a time.

Flyers - man - they stuck with the Bully thing when it CLEARLY wasn't working for just ages. NYRags tried again for over a decade to BUY a good team. Even now I dont buy these "improved" team philosophies will endure beyond any Cup win they mayhap put together. They always revert back to the exact choices that KEPT them from succeeding for so long, It's just INSANE!

Then of course there is geographic concerns. So you're buddy pays his taxes to the State of NJ but he's so brilliant he supports PA? That in and of itself is just stupid. but whatever :noclue: Like I always wondered - Was Ken Daneyko a Wings fan growing up? He was just across the river afterall.... but he nonetheless was Canadian EVEN! How could he betray the Leafs liek that... unless they massively sucked -- I mean they HAVE... I mean he was there for those almost-was years afterall... while my ISLANDERS on the other hand were kicking ass and taking names progressing every year! and I did live in Huntington at the time so.... When we moved to CT... and the Whalers... Oy vey - I was at least a fairly quiet Islanders fan. Everyone in my town were Ranger fans... during the Ooo lala phase too even?? :wacko:

Yeah -- I dont knwo what to tell you. Sometimes even when it's just self-evident as to WHY a person shoudl be a Devils fan they must go in a different direction. Peer pressure. Not fans of the real game of hockey just some idea... I dont know what to tell you dude.... :noclue:

Just show her a close up pic of Carcillo and ask her how she can root for a team with Joe Dirt-Bag on it.... that alone should be enough :P

(or wait till the Sabres beat them and attack when morale is at an all-time low!)

I was just saying last night that I think the reason the Flyers had stuck to that bully strategy wasn't because it won games, it was because it just plain sold to the type of fans they have in Philly.

Yeah, the tax thing had occurred to me as well.

Flyers - man - they stuck with the Bully thing when it CLEARLY wasn't working for just ages. NYRags tried again for over a decade to BUY a good team. Even now I dont buy these "improved" team philosophies will endure beyond any Cup win they mayhap put together. They always revert back to the exact choices that KEPT them from succeeding for so long, It's just INSANE!

Then of course there is geographic concerns. So you're buddy pays his taxes to the State of NJ but he's so brilliant he supports PA? That in and of itself is just stupid. but whatever :noclue:

Um...well I don't think she is actually going to switch, I'm just giving her sh*t. You know...like people do.

who the hell cares? no point in going around recruiting people who will likely be casual fans at best.

Crasher will you EVER learn about women?

I've learned enough to:

1, not trust them

2. expect them to run FLEEING the first sign of adversity :P

3. realize there's more to it then what sports team she follows.... though if you can break her on something as fvckle as Joe Dirt-bag, then she's got no loyalty and she's not worth keeping anyway B )

What's with the female Flyer fan? Tell her it is a Love Story being a Devils fan.

Here is A Truly Wonderful Short Story!

One day, long, long ago, there lived a woman who did not whine, nag or bitch

She was a Flyer fan.

But it was a long time ago, and it was just that one day.

The End