Gauging Berglunds Future

coldply123

I am curious to see or hear what some of you think on what Christian Berglund will do with his career..........Most sites post him as a third line banger who brings an uptempo energy and gritty style that will earn him a niche in the NHL.

My opinion is much the same, he should have a nice little career, but hes nothing more than a 10-15 goal scorer who can forecheck, but needs to work on maintaining focus on the neutral zone and developing more of a two-way philosophy, Hes not going to be a scorer by any means, but if he refines himself to be a two-way player, I think hell stick........

I know some people absolutely hated him, while some, mostly the ones who hype every prospect as the next Orr or Gretzky(you know who you are-"Matt DeMarchi lovers"), thought he was going to be a big offensive player.

Thoughts??????

I am curious to see or hear what some of you think on what Christian Berglund will do with his career..........Most sites post him as a third line banger who brings an uptempo energy and gritty style that will earn him a niche in the NHL.

My opinion is much the same, he should have a nice little career, but hes nothing more than a 10-15 goal scorer who can forecheck, but needs to work on maintaining focus on the neutral zone and developing more of a two-way philosophy, Hes not going to be a scorer by any means, but if he refines himself to be a two-way player, I think hell stick........

I know some people absolutely hated him, while some, mostly the ones who hype every prospect as the next Orr or Gretzky(you know who you are-"Matt DeMarchi lovers"), thought he was going to be a big offensive player.

Thoughts??????

Wow talk about a gross generalization of those of us who actually saw something in Berglund. Thanks for that....

Personally on a weaker team i see him playing a 2nd line role at max. He has shown flashes of very good offensive insticts in his time here yet was never able to pull it together. If he ever gets quality ice time he may be able to do it. However on a good team, hes a solid 3rd line wing that wont hurt you, and can add the occasional offense. I think one of the bigger problems with his play here was the lack of a role that he had on the team, he never had steady linemates or assignments.

Hey, I liked him, he was very kind to signing autographs or having a quick chat when I saw him at South Mountain.........

I see him in a simlar light to you, part of the problem with Bergy though too was that he sort of began to take questionable penalties, which irritated Burns a bit well actually a lot........

Thoughts??????

Never did I ever say he would be a top offensive player....the highest potential point totals I ever placed on him was 55 points and that was a year and a half ago.

Berglund will be a 10-15 goal, 20-25 assist kind of player. That is, if he is able to mentally stay in the game, which I think was his problem here. I think he'll take some dumb penalties and hurt the team at times, but obviously his skill will help too. I do think he is an NHL player. But I don't think he has the two-way skill to play a real 3rd line role on a playoff team.

I see him clinging to bad teams.

55 points is a little too high, I think even 40 points is too high, I think his average will be around 30-35, his gritty style will earn him assists, but he lacks a real shooting touch, and doesnt have enough size to park himself in front of the net.........

Jason, Whats your opinion on Uchevatov???????

55 points is a little too high, I think even 40 points is too high, I think his average will be around 30-35, his gritty style will earn him assists, but he lacks a real shooting touch, and doesnt have enough size to park himself in front of the net.........

Jason, Whats your opinion on Uchevatov???????

A waste of size from what I hear. The guy is huge, but is slow and has zero offensive ability. Its sad becasue he was absolutly amazing at the under 18 tourny a couple years ago. If he is lucky he will become a Sean Brown type player and I mean luckyyyyyy.

You never know with guys like Uchevatov although I agree he doesnt exactly show a ton of promise....... I mean look at Zidlicky of the Preds, he was a throw in with the Dunham trade, and has quietly become Timmonens partner on the backline and has racked up 41 pts so far............

Yeah, and it took Sam Rosen and JD about 25 times saying Zid-lick-ee before they pronounced it correctly Zid-litch-key in the Preds-Rangers game Saturday.

Zidlicky has an absolute howitzer of a shot, everyone thought they were crazy getting rid of Delmore, but Zidlicky has more than filled his shoes........

I dont think Hill wants to be traded, something about his wife wearing the pants in that relationship and stuff.

Zidlicky was compared to Rafalski because he dominated Europe in much the same fashion as Raf. And the comparison turned out to be dead on. Zidlicky has the same type of offensive skills and a heavier shot. The Rangers really dropped the ball on him.