Greatest comeback ever?

bruins4777

I know i mentioned this in the AHL playoff thread, but i really feel this deserves its own thread.

The phantoms were down 4-1 30 seconds into the third and they pulled niity. 6 unanswered goals started by josh gratton...for those who don't know he's a short little punk of a pugilist. When you get scored on by him, you know its awful.

So the big "clutch" chiodo that silly pens fans kept on raving about had ONE solid game this entire series. He went from somewhere around a 1.79 gaa 97 save percentage to a 90 save percentage and 2.5 gaa. Which just goes to show the incredible offense of the phantoms.

And Richards....my god this kid is awesome. He's going to be something great. I knew he was a penalty killing beast, but when i saw him...wow. He got another shortie tonight 2 shorthanded goals in 5 games. and 7 points overall. Thats a big time performance by a rookie. He comes from kitchner where he was nearly 2 points a game, jumps right onto the phantoms and plays OUTSTANDING.

I'm sure none of this is making you devils fans happy, to know the flyers have such great prospects :P

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2005/05/13/1038984.html

Carter and richards haven't sucked so far went its counted.

1 WJC gold speaks fairly high of that :P

and carter's tournament record of most goals in the WJC do as well

Edited by bruins4777

OK, that was probably the best hockey game I have ever been to (hey it's hockey) . Not best for what the game meant but best for play and turnaround.

The Phantoms was asstastic in the first two periods. They couldn't do anything right. WBS was denying them the middle and they refused to shoot from the outside and crash the net, they just tried (and failed) to stickhandle through it. Even when they got a good chance they couldn't get shots (guys falling down, fanning on shots, etc).

Down 4-1 they finally turned it on. They started hitting anything in a white jersey. They fired shots from long range and crashed the net with reckless abandon. There were only 7,000 people at the FU Center but when they went up 5-4 you would have thought it was sold out it was so loud.

That has to be the worst way to be bounced from the playoffs. The WBS coach is a nutjob who screams and yells at everything. I would have loved to see his post game press conference, I bet his head exploded.

OK, that was probably the best hockey game I have ever been to (hey it's hockey) . Not best for what the game meant but best for play and turnaround.

The Phantoms was asstastic in the first two periods. They couldn't do anything right. WBS was denying them the middle and they refused to shoot from the outside and crash the net, they just tried (and failed) to stickhandle through it. Even when they got a good chance they couldn't get shots (guys falling down, fanning on shots, etc).

Down 4-1 they finally turned it on. They started hitting anything in a white jersey. They fired shots from long range and crashed the net with reckless abandon. There were only 7,000 people at the FU Center but when they went up 5-4 you would have thought it was sold out it was so loud.

That has to be the worst way to be bounced from the playoffs. The WBS coach is a nutjob who screams and yells at everything. I would have loved to see his post game press conference, I bet his head exploded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually like michelle therrien, the WBS coach, i think i might have spelled it wrong, but whatever. He isn't a great coach really. Like he's not a good x's and o's person or any of that stuff. But his passion and his fire, is UNMATCHED for any coach. The fire and care he has for the game its amazing. Sometimes the fire you see in him, you can tell he wants to be on that ice and play. Its sad that some players on the pens can't except that well, but whatever. It worked quite well for certain players like whitney, surovy(huge turnaround in the playoffs for this guy despite not great stats outside of this game), and soem other guys. But it didn't work quite well with certain players. But i really like him still...i mean i wouldn't want him to coach the bruins ever, but i still like him.

Hey petey, minor thing but its the wacko center now right? Not trying to start criticism or anything, but i was pretty sure they moved to the wacko center from the spectrum for the phantoms playoffs right? Or did they go to some other center?

Edited by bruins4777

I too was at this game. Talk about unreal--the eight-goal third period was unfathomably intense. I'm no Flyers fan, but the Phantoms are a very well-run organization and are my pick for the Calder this year, their second recent one. They're a very complete team and their offense is almost too overpowering for the AHL level.

Their last 7 years:

Simon Gagne

Antero Niittymaki

Maxime Ouellet

Justin Williams

Roman Cechmanek

Jeff Woywitka

Patrick Sharp

Dennis Seidenberg

Joni Pitkanen

Jeff Carter

Mike Richards

Colin Fraser

Stefan Ruzicka

Alexandre Picard

Kevin Romy

David Tremblay

Rejean Beauchemin

Martin Houle

All either established players are excellent prospects.