NY media

PaDevsFan

You know it is really sad when I go to lunch and happen to turn on the FAN 660 and they are talking about how the Rags want to get back on the ice and forget about last night, and they go from that to mentioning the Devils and their "23" fans and the other jack a$$ says didnt it go up to 24 being that they are in the playoffs they added a few more front runners?? You know what stick your comments up your A$$, that is just plain sad. I am not hearing how the JerkOFF Renney was making comments about how Buffalo isnt the cream of the crop, and the Sabres wiped the ICE with them last night?? NO on the station that was the "flagship station" for Devils hockey this yr, I have to turn it on and listen to their 2 mid day morons talking about the Devils fan base. I am going to call there I think and try to get someone on the phone from their management . NOt to get on the air but to let them know that they have Jersey fans listening as well, and the 2 goofs should mind what they say!!!!

it's bitter beningo and mr net even roberts... come on.... the NY Media and hockey intelligence don't go very far... though it is two faced of evan to rip on the Devils and then pray 16,000 show up for his convict Nets team!

Who has a better attendance for home games over the last 10 to 15 years? Devils or Nets?

Without looking it up and studying the numbers, my guess is that the Devils have better home attendance numbers than the Nets, and it's not because I love the Devils. I just believe the Devils have better attendance numbers.

I'm just happy that WFAN is even talking hockey. The Yankees were rained out so I guess they had no choice.

Joe Beningo is a Jet's fan who won the job as a talk show host. He knows sports but he only really wants to talk Jets football. Get ready for some NFL draft talk tomorrow.....BORING.

Evan Roberts is a sports nerd who has no social life, he watches every sport including arena football and wwe's smackdown. I could care less what that loser thinks about the Devils.

These guys would have no jobs except for the fact that there are no "up and comers" in the radio industry. Sports talk radio is the lowest form of media in the world that's why guys like Mike and the Maddog are the top guys. WFAN should change their name to the baseball network or even better Yankees nation. If you have no choice and you need to listen to sports radio get XM or Sirius. I have XM for hockey and an ipod for music, it's much better than terrestrial radio.

Mike and the Dog the other day at 5:00 were like, "Okay, let's do hockey, we have some time". By the time I turned them off at 5:40, they hadn't said a word of hockey.

Just as well, they have no clue about hockey anyway.

Beningno on the other hand, really pisses me off. A few years back I was listening to him overnight one night....I have no idea why, I heard him maybe three times.......anyway....he goes on about he really is a New York area sports fan.....he goes through all the local teams in every sport and how he likes them.......then he gets to the Devils and basically trashes them and Lou for whatever his bitter reason are.

Bastage.

He was also going on the other day about how GREAT it would be to beat the Devils and Marty Brodeur in game 7 in Jersey. I guess he forgot he has to get there first

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

hey I'll be fair to the 2 afternoon hosts in question here a little

they are working double shifts now (thanks to some nappy headed hoes :P), and it's hard to talk about the world of sports fully when you get up at 4am to get there for a morning radio show (so this year they have an excuse).... and they go by their market... if they were a talk show in toronto, they'd do more hockey and less prison league hoops.... they do a REAL good job with the NFL and it's why I got into listening to them, and Russo amuses me when he does stuff to get under the skin of his listeners

but being someone who drives from place to place often... you grow a niche with talk radio hosts cause it's not the same 8 songs each hour!

I was glad those turds in the morning had to eat a little humble pie, I heard at one point where they said 'Maybe we did underestimate Buffalo'. No kidding...basically all of NY underestimated Buffalo. Yeah maybe Avery and Renney's comments pissed the Sabres off but I think in general the Sabres have had to listen to all this Ranger ass-kissing for the last week in the media (they're in NY too, upstate or not) and have had enough.

I was glad those turds in the morning had to eat a little humble pie, I heard at one point where they said 'Maybe we did underestimate Buffalo'. No kidding...basically all of NY underestimated Buffalo. Yeah maybe Avery and Renney's comments pissed the Sabres off but I think in general the Sabres have had to listen to all this Ranger ass-kissing for the last week in the media (they're in NY too, upstate or not) and have had enough.

Oh man I hear you loud and clear on this one. I don't know why I even hope to hear something good ever in the NY area on the fan or espn radio.

I had WFAN on my radio at work and caught part of the mike and the mad dog show. When one of them was asked how important he thought it was for the rags to win game two he said "I don't think its important at all" "They are such a strong team right now they'll come back and win the two home games coming up." What so called sportscaster in thier right mind can sit there and say about any team, that they can go behind 2-0 in a seven game series and it doesn't matter at all. Furthermore, his main arguement for them winning games 3 and 4 is that they will be playing in the garden? That is pretty weak imo and besides home ice isn't really a factor until game 7.

Don't even get me started on what they all have to say about the Devils. Maybe if they watched some of the Devils/lightning series instead of sitting at home jerking off, thinking about the NFL draft or the yankees they would realize how many things the Devils do well and how deep the team really is. All these people make me very very angry and the worst part of it all is even if we win the cup it wont change a damn thing. :argh:

Mike and Yappy do admit they don't know much about hockey but it was annoying hearing them talk to one caller - a Ranger fan - who was calling up with specific criticisms of his team, like questioning why Rachunek was in the lineup over Pock (which I agree with, why Renney would change up his pairings when they're playing well makes no sense to me), they said simply - the coaches watch film, if you guys see this they see this too, obviously they know best yadda yadda yadda, which is being hypocritical considering they've ripped Torre left and right in the past week and they don't know as much as he does either. If the fans can never criticize anything management does why would talk radio even exist? They were so blatantly just trying to cover their own asses on that one :P

Somers is the only one that talks hockey and is tolerable (Ranger fan or not), especially when he has his buddy Daneyko on the air heh, although his schtick is hard to take if you don't realize that that's all it is - schtick. He's had some classic soliloquies when the Rangers were losing.

Edited by Hasan4978