Dion Phaneuf a D

Toby Flenderson: HR Rep

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Paul Martin's contract up at the end of the year? What is he going to think if all of a sudden Lou brings in a younger D-man who isn't playing very good but makes more than him?

You can't worry about players feelings. With Paul Martin as the anchor of this defense the Devils haven't gotten out of the the 2nd round. If the Devils got Phaneuf tomorrow I'm sure most of the team would thrilled and they would probably appreciate the help.

I have been a Phaneuf fan since he entered the league and watch quite a few Flames games. I must say his play in his own zone this year has looked pretty bad on average. The last couple of games he has startd to look much better, taking better shots, working harder in his zone. I would love to see him as a Devil but the 6.5 million price tag does seem a little steep for what might be a gamble. The Flames do seem to need immediate scoring and who do we have to offer them?

You can't worry about players feelings. With Paul Martin as the anchor of this defense the Devils haven't gotten out of the the 2nd round. If the Devils got Phaneuf tomorrow I'm sure most of the team would thrilled and they would probably appreciate the help.

yeah they'll love a guy who they have to cover for as the team gives up 2 on 1 after 2 on 1.

Yeah the Flames give up 2-1 after 2-1 when Phaneufs out there. I guess that's why they are ranked 7th in the league in GOALS AGAINST.

If you are gonna act like the board know it all at least know something.

Check out Kipper's stats, he wass having a Vezina/Hart type season until the recent slide.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac