Newark Airport in last again

Neb00rs

Meh, I've flown out of Newark my entire life (actually I have never been to JFK or LaGuardia) and have never had an issue. That being said, I fly once, twice a year tops.

Oh, and there's an A&W there, so I'm calling bullsh!t on the bad food part.

Edited by RSC

Things like this are all about delays and no one does delays like NYC airports. There are too many planes in too little space. That said it's not like the airports themselves are awesome. Outside of Terminal C at Newark the food options suck and the Delta Terminal at LaGuardia is dank and like a Soviet style prison (and doesn't have a MetroCard machine, fvckers).

LaGuardia takes the cake for me though since it closes (yes, the airport closes!). I was flying from Chicago to LaGuardia about 5 years ago and my flight got delayed, delayed again, delayed some more and then finally after midnight Chicago time (scheduled 5PM) we took off. The pilot's awesome greeting was "Welcome aboard Delta flight 1733, service to New York. Either LaGuardia or Kennedy, we'll figure it out when we get there". We got there. LaGuardia was closed. It was JFK.

I have lived in Atlanta for over three years now. I have flown many places, home 5 or 6 times. My flights to places other than New York are always on time. My flights to/from New York have *never* been on time.

Interesting article about this...

This is a nightmare for New York travelers; delays affect about a third of the area's flights. The problem also ripples out to create a bigger logjam: Because so many aircraft pass through New York's airspace, three-quarters of all holdups nationwide can be traced back to that tangled swath of East Coast sky.

Read More http://www.wired.com/cars/futuretransport/magazine/17-03/ff_airspace?currentPage=all#ixzz0y5lSIf96

BTW, shouldn't this be in Off Topic?