Roman Lyashenko Found Dead

SueNJ97

It's possible that it may have been by accident. In college, a guy in the dorm that my best friend was the RA for saw a segment on some show about the sexual thrill you experience when you're being choked or strangled. Well, his girlfreind didn't want to play along, so he tried it himself and accidently hung himself in his closet using a belt. Apparently, he passed out right away and that was it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible that it may have been by accident. In college, a guy in the dorm that my best friend was the RA for saw a segment on some show about the sexual thrill you experience when you're being choked or strangled. Well, his girlfreind didn't want to play along, so he tried it himself and accidently hung himself in his closet using a belt. Apparently, he passed out right away and that was it.

My friend did the same thing...his parents found him hanging in the garage with his pants around his ankles. :( It was the first reality check in my life.

I find it very difficult to accept that an athlete would use a belt to hang himself...a BELT from his trousers...um excuse me...what did he dew?  Put a nail thru one of the holes, buckle it around his neck and jump off the bathtub wall????? :blink:

Why is that difficult to accept he would use a belt? He loops one end of the belt around his neck, and the other around a pipe, loop, or something on the ceiling. If it's in the bathroom, perhaps the shower curtain rod was strong enough. I'm sure it's possible though.

A knot that tight to hold him up??? I dunno...maybe but I gots me doubts :unsure:

Hands not good enough??? OK...I am out of this conspiracy theory stuff :huh:

Well, I am not saying suicide can't occur among people who seem "fine" on the outside. One of my high school classmates shot himself in the head and killed himself our senior year (just so happened to be the day BEFORE my 17th birthday, AND was the guy that one of my best friends had had a crush on since 6th grade :( so you can imagine how much I was celebrating that year). Anyway, although I didn't exactly hang out with him in social settings, he seemed OK IN classes and I had no clue the guy was suicidal! Many times they just keep their feelings/distress covert (hidden), so their family/friends may not realize just how despondent the person is. I just found it odd that Roman would kill himself on VACATION IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, and that is why I'm starting to wonder if there's any Russian mob connection.

That's really terrible MaddDog. Must have put a damper on things :( .

Hypothetically speaking, anyone is capable of committing suicide. And I would agree with you that anyone who was contemplating those thoughts wouldn't say too much to people who knew them.

I had heard Roman wasn't happy playing in Hartford this past year. But he had a good season there and I don't think he would kill himself over that.

Just the way they found him makes me skeptical. Hung by a belt :evilcry: ??? Ugh.