GDT- Devils vs CAPITALS

pumpkin cutter

I just don't want a 'desperation' move. This season isn't worth salvaging for that. Keep the young d-men unless its a deal for an under-30, top 6 forward who's under contract for several years. I'd love it if a deal like that can be made, but I doubt it. More than anything, I'm hoping we find some team that would take Salvador for a bag of pucks.

I'm with you. If they don't make the playoffs, so be it. There are practically no prospects up front, and the Devils are about to go a second straight year without a first round pick. Rather the team try and get some prospects or picks than the other way around.

The thing is I have little trust in this organization doing much with draft picks anymore or developing them properly.

I'm with you. If they don't make the playoffs, so be it. There are practically no prospects up front, and the Devils are about to go a second straight year without a first round pick. Rather the team try and get some prospects or picks than the other way around.

The thing is I have little trust in this organization doing much with draft picks anymore or developing them properly.

I have an issue with the second part.

What do you call Henrique, Boucher, Gelinas, Merrill, Matteau? I think people take the case of Larsson, who was our highest pick and has been successful, as the rule.  People point out Loktionov but he plays over 13 minutes a game.

I know Josefson will come up and I agree with that one. But Gionta was a key part to our run and kept shooting hot for the first half of last year.  As much as I like JJ, he hasn't had offensive stretches like Gionta. He's a far superior player than Gio, though