Typical ESPN bias

NJDevs4978

Wow I must be watching the YES Network tonight with all the Yankee ass-kissing they've done. Granted they're playing very well now and the Mets are sucking wind. But can you at least be factually correct and not be so overt? First they call the Mets' best pitcher Odalis Perez, then they say 'Clemens pitched better than Perez Friday'. Really? All Perez did was shut out the best lineup in baseball for 7.1 innings while Clemens gave up a moonshot to Reyes and couldn't handle the Mets' speed on the bases. The Clemens ass-kissing is over the top but it's par for the course for that network. Morgan also needed THREE tries to get the Met second baseman, he said Valentin, er Gomez, er Gotay.

Besides this isn't the first time they've s-it on the Mets, Morgan sounded dissapointed in the Cardinals on Opening night particularly when Smith induced a big double play late.

And before anyone like Clown turns this into a Mets suck and you're just bitter thread, you wanna laugh at them fine. They've been inexcusably bad lately. Every bit as bad as the Yankees were before June. I just don't feel like starting a Met-bashing thread when most of the forum is Yankee fans anyway. Any more than I feel like starting a Met pom-pom thread when they're doing well.

BTW I turned it off now but apparently they ran a commercial for the NBA Finals :rofl: I guess they blinked and missed it :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Joe Morgan and Jon Miller can't be taken seriously. They're airheads. I also heard them say Jeter could have a shot at Rose's hit record. Come on. That's still a long way off.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about them. They have been biased against the Yanks plenty of instances in the past.

It's more like an anti-NY thing.

Joe Morgan and Jon Miller can't be taken seriously. They're airheads. I also heard them say Jeter could have a shot at Rose's hit record. Come on. That's still a long way off.

I'm not sure about this but I think Jeter has more hits now than Rose did at Jeter's age.

Hasan...I agree that the Clemens love fest is embarassing..and I have a theory why E$PN is "$uddendly" showing more love for the Yankees:

E$PN knows they can make more $ when the Red Sox and Yankees are close...now they want the Yankee$ to get close enough to Boston so E$PN 'personalities' on E$PN radio have something to talk about...because we all know if the topics are not about Red Sox/Yankees or Barry Bonds and Steriods...E$PN radio does not even have toe ability to talk about anything else baseball-related.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about them. They have been biased against the Yanks plenty of instances in the past.

It's more like an anti-NY thing.

Quoted for the truth. Except I do think Jeter has a shot at the record, however you are right, it is way too early to worry about that.

Well to me you can't even talk about the all-time hit record until Jeter gets to 3000 hits, and that's several hundred away still. He'll be 33 next week and needs three more full years after this just to get to 3000. Will he play to 44 like Rose? It's not like he needs to, he's got all sorts of rings and fame plus he's going to the HOF on the first ballot anyway.

ESPN's always pimped Clemens anyway even when he was with Houston they were showing his minor league starts last year on ESPN News (I somehow doubt they'll do the same for Pedro :P) though Clown's right that a tight Yankees-Sox race makes better theater.

Edited by Hasan4978

Wow... ESPN being embarrassing and unprofessional during a sports broadcast and trying to be above and beyond the game??

That can't POSSIBLY be right !!!!! :P

All the more reason I am glad hte NHL is gone from there and I go to a bar to watch the Monday night Games so I don't have to hear those morons!

Their baseball coverage overall kinda sucks IMO, oh they show games from here to kingdom com but their 'analysts' are ridiculous - for those who think the NHL's analysts are bad. Rob Dibble? Jeff Brantley? John Kruk?! Ugh. STEVE PHILLIPS? :doh1:

Baseball Tonight and the like actually used to be good when they had Harold Reynolds and some other people (Bobby V for a year or so) but the only guys I'll watch on that station now are Gammons and maybe Orel Hershiser though he's not on all the time anyway.

Their baseball coverage overall kinda sucks IMO, oh they show games from here to kingdom com but their 'analysts' are ridiculous - for those who think the NHL's analysts are bad. Rob Dibble? Jeff Brantley? John Kruk?! Ugh. STEVE PHILLIPS? :doh1:

Baseball Tonight and the like actually used to be good when they had Harold Reynolds and some other people (Bobby V for a year or so) but the only guys I'll watch on that station now are Gammons and maybe Orel Hershiser though he's not on all the time anyway.

Wow sounds like the SAME complaints as NHL Tonight and the NFL Coverage

Amazing how they turned to sh!t when Disney Bought them.....