Lou has no words

MadDog2020

look we all love parise. but parise is so good because he outworks everyone else on the ice, has excellent hands and very good hockey sense.

but he does not have the skill, shot, or strength of eric staal.

if you are able to match parise's drive (certainly not easy) and are an above average defender, you can contain him.

staal at his best can beat any defenseman.

all that being said, i would take parise 100 times over staal because i can't stand that diving prick.

Ok because Parise is not "as big as Staal"... How about the others?? Whitney over Elias? the guy plys NO DEFENSE (Whitney) Brindy over Langs???? Come on I dont want to hear about how great Carolina is or they have world class players... They have Staal and Whitney is a good player past that who do they have?? They beat the Devils, the Devils did not show up for large portions of this series .

Ok because Parise is not "as big as Staal"... How about the others?? Whitney over Elias? the guy plys NO DEFENSE (Whitney) Brindy over Langs???? Come on I dont want to hear about how great Carolina is or they have world class players... They have Staal and Whitney is a good player past that who do they have?? They beat the Devils, the Devils did not show up for large portions of this series .

nobody is arguing that carolina has world class players. staal is better than anyone on the devils and he played like it when it counted. whitney had a better series than elias.

nobody is arguing that carolina has world class players. staal is better than anyone on the devils and he played like it when it counted. whitney had a better series than elias.

I'm not sure that's the phrasing of it, but Staal is a smarter and stronger player than any of the DEFENSEMAN the Devils have/played against him. I thought Madden and Co. did a masterful job for the most part, but couldn't make up for bad defensive pairing decisions in order to stop him.

As for Elias, he needs a center sure. But he was hurt in hte last 4-6 weeks of the season.

look we all love parise. but parise is so good because he outworks everyone else on the ice, has excellent hands and very good hockey sense.

but he does not have the skill, shot, or strength of eric staal.

if you are able to match parise's drive (certainly not easy) and are an above average defender, you can contain him.

staal at his best can beat any defenseman.

all that being said, i would take parise 100 times over staal because i can't stand that diving prick.

POD

His players have a TON OF CHARACTER. This team played its balls off, it just didn't have the talent to matchup in the danger zone when things get fvcking crazy (i.e. last minutes of games)

That's nonsense -- they lacked presence of mind, not talent... all the talent in the world can't help if you still skate around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Sundstrum, did you read my initial post on this?? I was responding to someone and there was a quote talking about Carolina's "world class players" that was my point!!!!!! And we will agree to disagree on Staal, yes he is a bigger player, but Parise does just as many things well as he Staal does.

Stats dont always tell the story, but come on

Parise 45 goals 94 points a + 30 14 PP goals 8 GW goals 364 shots

Staal 40 goals 75 Points a +15 15 PP goals 8 GW goals 372 shots

Where is Staal the better player?? And Whitney had a "better Series" that is not what I said I said is he a better player than Elias?? Because him having a "better series" says what I was trying to say, that the Devils top players did not play to potential!! Again is Brindamore better than Langs??

I go back to the same thing, the Devils were outplayed but not by better players, they did not play to their potential, and I also say that if these teams played in mid Feb, it would have been the Devils in 5, and there would be no calling Staal better than any Devil or anything like that!!!

Where is Staal the better player??

I go back to the same thing, the Devils were outplayed but not by better players, they did not play to their potential, and I also say that if these teams played in mid Feb, it would have been the Devils in 5,

parise had an incredible season - this was not one of staal's best. parise had career years from his linemates - staal most definitly did not. again, this is not to knock parise at all. he's awesome for sure.

regarding the second part, i agree 100%