Red Wing Problem

GetReal

With Hasek coming back to the Red Wings they must get rid of a goalie. Curtis Joseph would be the choice I guess.

The Red Wings signed Joseph for $24 million over 3 years with a NO TRADE CLAUSE late last summer. That's an interesting financial/player trade problem

Should be an interesting trade. The AVS need a goalie to round out their talent.

I brought up the same suggestion in another thread. We know Detroit wouldn't trade Joseph straight to the Avs...it would never happen. The only way I see a deal transpiring is through a three way deal. However, I do believe there is a very good chance of that happening.

The whole reason the Wings stupidly qualified Hasek was to prevent him from going to the Avs.

I can't see them making a three-way deal. They will try to get a straight-up deal if it is at all possible.

And if I'm Cujo, I say F you to the Wings and don't allow myself to be dealt until March. The whole reason they gave him the no-trade clause was to ensure he wouldn't be run out of town by another goalie, now they're going back on their contract.

it would be funny if Cujo justs sits as a back-up making buckets of money with the wings.

the wings would probably pay a bonus to cujo for him to wave his clause, then trade to Rangers for Lindros. This evens out the payroll problem and solves the center problem for Wings and the goalie problem for rangers. It also keeps cujo from the avs.

and everyone knows the rangers STILL won't make the playoffs next year.

it would be funny if Cujo justs sits as a back-up making buckets of money with the wings.

That's EXACTLY what he should do and force the Wings to trade/scratch Legace. The Wings got themselves into this problem, and now they should pay for it.

Either that or waive his no-trade clause only for teams that he knows don't want him or can't afford him. :evil:

That's EXACTLY what he should do and force the Wings to trade/scratch Legace. The Wings got themselves into this problem, and now they should pay for it.

Either that or waive his no-trade clause only for teams that he knows don't want him or can't afford him. :evil:

But how bad would it be for Joseph if the Wongs won the cup? If he took this route I don't imagine Detroit would EVER put him in just to keep his name off it. No, that's NOT what CuJo should or will do.

All they need to do is throw a couple of million his way plus the original contract or better and he goes. He's in the drivers seat, I think.

Red Wings won't go with all three and 8 million is a little steep for a backup goalie.

But how bad would it be for Joseph if the Wongs won the cup? If he took this route I don't imagine Detroit would EVER put him in just to keep his name off it. No, that's NOT what CuJo should or will do.

It would look about as bad as it did when he sat on the bench and won the Gold Medal. He'll be known in hockey history as the best goalie to ride the pine to glory! :D

It would look about as bad as it did when he sat on the bench and won the Gold Medal.  He'll be known in hockey history as the best goalie to ride the pine to glory! :D

At least he played in 1 game. Belfour got a Gold just for being there. :huh:

It would look about as bad as it did when he sat on the bench and won the Gold Medal.  He'll be known in hockey history as the best goalie to ride the pine to glory! :D

At least he played in 1 game. Belfour got a Gold just for being there. :huh:

True...but I wouldn't call that "playing" in the one game he started. :D