GDT: Eastern Conference Semis - Game 2 NJ @ Philadelphia - 5/1/12

NJCroMag

and Syko faked first and went wrister 5-hole, thats not luck, its clutch.

my point was that the tie goals represented the Devils keeping the game close...in other words, Syko's goal represented the Devils staying in the game.

if the Devils let up for one period the Flyers can run away with the game.

edit: the notion of "letting up" is just as bad as "60 minutes"

And what if Marty did not give that puck away, it still would of been a tie game in the second. We could be easily up 2-0 in the series right now.

The Flyers aren't good defensively and their goalie is questionable. What you're seeing is that most of the favorites are gone, one of the

remaining ones is in deep sh!t, and the last remaining one that isn't buried survives on attrition hockey.

The things they did wrong in Game 2, they did wrong in Game 1, they just didn't do anything right that they did in Game 1 and we did far less things wrong.

There's no reason they can't win this series. I don't think they're the favorite, but it's silly to suggest it's a 5 game series and what happened yesterday was more or less a fluke. If the Devils got a better bounce on that nutty scramble before the Flyers won the game, this is possibly 2-0 good guys going back to NJ.

I agree that the Flyers aren't good defensively and their goalie is questionable. I also think their forwards are deeper and better than anyone left in the NHL playoffs.

I still think the Devils are pretty big underdogs (<40% to win the series), and that the Flyers will not play that poorly again. And had they played a good 3rd period, they could've slipped out of Philadelphia with 2 wins.

Edited by Triumph

And what if Marty did not give that puck away, it still would of been a tie game in the second. We could be easily up 2-0 in the series right now.

there's way to many "if" in a hockey game... yesterday what if Clarkson would not have been ejected from the faceoffs before the 2nd goal? maybe the game would have turned differently from there? who knows

Edited by SterioDesign