#1 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hey guys,

I'm a devils supporter from far overseas, better said from nuremberg, germany. I'm 22 years old and i watch hockey since my 10th birthday, when for the first time i went to see a game in my hometown.

I've got affected by the devils virus in 2000, when we won our second stanley cup title. i stayed awake all night to see the game, and we finally made it!

since then i'm trying to catch up a little bit by getting info's via the internet, or sometimes see some games when they are broadcasted in german television. but...

well, i'm living in a country where most of the people watch a game called soccer. boring 90 minutes where 22 people run after a ball and kick it around, crying when get hit and sometimes even don't score goals. obviously not a good environment for people loving a real sport like hockey ;)

but there's hope, hockey-loving people do exist in germany! we have an own league, many teams, and many people watching the games. we might be a little different from the hockey-people you know in the usa or canada, but i guess we love our game and our teams as much as you do!

unfortunately i haven't been able to make it to a dev's game yet, but i'm trying hard to make my dream come true and explore the rock on my own!

until then, i keep "worshiping the devil" from far away!

greetings,

Manuel

PS: to get a litte touch of what german fans act like, here we go: nuremberg's away game in munich, where over 800 nuremberg supporters followed.

have fun!

Attached Files

Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

We have a lot of German fans here and tons of Euros.

Welcome aboard

#3 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

A. Attached File  Willkommen.gif   5.67KB   6 downloads

B. thank you for Attached File  okt_girl_w_beer.png   181.54KB   2 downloads

C. You should be able to watch games streaming on your computer if you are awake from 1-4am. :noclue:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#4 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:00 AM

A) Thanks!

B) Well...not my cup of tea, but you're welcome there as well! try the "200th-octoberfest-Beer", all 6 munich breweries got together to make this special one!

c) oh really? where? 'cuzz there's gonna be a special game on tonight, devs vs the other side of the hudson ;) for you @ 7 PM, here it'll be 2 am...but that's ok!
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#5 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

Herzlich Willkommen. Wie bereits gesagt, es gibt hier ein paar weitere Deutsche hier im Forum. Ich hoffe du verlierst nicht zu viel Schlaf während der Saison.

#6 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

welcome man!

#7 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

c) oh really? where? 'cuzz there's gonna be a special game on tonight, devs vs the other side of the hudson ;) for you @ 7 PM, here it'll be 2 am...but that's ok!

try looking into p2p4u.net
sorry not in time, but good luck with it in the future!! It doesn't always work for me, but mostly it does.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users